Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How brutal were these announcers today?
I've complained about Charles Davis for 3 of the last 4 weeks.  It's like he's watching a completely different game and does absolutely zero prep work for the teams he's covering that week. ( or he uses old information)  these 2 make the commentary so bad it really makes the games a little torturous.

Absolute crap.

So....... Who are acceptable announcers?  About the only guy I ever hear getting praised is Romo.  I'm not saying I disagree with the take about the current group, but there has to be announcing teams to take their place.   Buck and Troy are FAR worse in my dislike book.  Who would we be accepting of to call our games?  

Was there announcers, damn I keep forgetting to take the game off of mute.  Oh well, guess I didn't miss much.

Quote: @AllBS said:
So....... Who are acceptable announcers?  About the only guy I ever hear getting praised is Romo.  I'm not saying I disagree with the take about the current group, but there has to be announcing teams to take their place.   Buck and Troy are FAR worse in my dislike book.  Who would we be accepting of to call our games?  
I'm looking forward to Greg Olsen getting in the booth.

Quote: @AllBS said:
i dont know anymore... we keep getting stuck with this shit ass duo.  pretty much anybody that doesnt make me say "WTF" every other play when i am listening to them.   

I was just impressed Fox found yet anther way to cram in more commercials

& they will sit in meetings wondering why viewership is down...

After the fencing analogy, I was waiting for a reference to curling or water polo.

I bet Tom Moore would do a good job... 

Quote: @Bolstad79 said:
@AllBS said:
I'm looking forward to Greg Olsen getting in the booth.
For real. I just kept thinking: I want Olsen to retire from playing, because he'd immediately be Fox's #1 play-by-play guy. Of course, they're probably stick him on the sidelines for some reason.

Heck, give someone like Pam Oliver a shot at play-by-play. She's been around the game long enough.

Thankfully I watch the games with about 60 Vikings fans hollering the whole game. So I never hear Bucks whining or this crew. On the flip side most fans at the Venue are somewhat naive about the team and the NFL. Most didn't realize we could run the clock out at the end and were worried we would give them the ball back with time left on the clock.