Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We've Had Better Offenses...We've Had Better Defenses...
Quote: @greediron said:
Disagree, don't know that we have ever had a better defense.  That was the best offense in the NFL at home that we limited to 3 FGs
Asking for real: are they?

I thought I read they were 13th, but if that's the case, holy shit. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@greediron said:
Disagree, don't know that we have ever had a better defense.  That was the best offense in the NFL at home that we limited to 3 FGs
We had a three year run of giving up 9 a game...different era for sure...but this D is top four in franchise history...
In this pass first era, this defense is damn good.  Wonder what our stats are if we exclude the opening drive for every team.  

Quote: @KingBash said:
@greediron said:

6th in yards, 11th in points...

@"BarrNone55" said:
@greediron said:
We had a three year run of giving up 9 a game...different era for sure...but this D is top four in franchise history...
In this pass first era, this defense is damn good.  Wonder what our stats are if we exclude the opening drive for every team.  
Suffocating... Our stats are officially suffocating...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@KingBash said:
@greediron said:

Yeah just looked that up.  Thought the announcers said they were #1. Maybe last year.

@"BarrNone55" said:
@KingBash said:
@greediron said:

Yeah just looked that up.  Thought the announcers said they were #1. Maybe last year.
Definitely last year...something like 33 points a game...

They are or were #1 on 3rd down conversions!  B) 

... 1/10 today...

Today I think we held  them to 1- 11 on first down