Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Casserly on The Future of the QB Position For The Vikings
Maybe I just can't remember, but I don't recall Teddy evading pocket pressure like Case can...there's times Keenum has being magical eluding the rush...I cannot recall Teddy evoking that sort of impression for me...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Maybe I just can't remember, but I don't recall Teddy evading pocket pressure like Case can...there's times Keenum has being magical eluding the rush...I cannot recall Teddy evoking that sort of impression for me...
Teddy never had this consistent of a pocket to work from,  but he was pretty elusive himself when there were places for him to escape to.  I can't say he is as elusive or not as Case has shown,  but like everything else,  to many differences from the 15 situation to what Case us working with/against now to really draw any solid comparisons.

^^^Straight up truth...apples to integrated circuits comparison...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:

The other thing to remember is that Case has never done the things he's been doing before this season either.  He may have had moments or a game or two where he's played well, but never has he played at the level he's at now. 

Given the chance, it's entirely possible Teddy would be much better and confident with this team too.

Quote: @HappyViking said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

The other thing to remember is that Case has never done the things he's been doing before this season either.  He may have had moments or a game or two where he's played well, but never has he played at the level he's at now. 

Given the chance, it's entirely possible Teddy would be much better and confident with this team too.
Much of the credit goes to shurmur IMO.  He is putting layers in position to succeed.

Quote: @HappyViking said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

Yes, and don't forget having WR's that run great routes and get open, Teddy did not have that either.  Everything is clicking on offense with Shurmur and even his play calling has been excellent.  Not sure what Teddy will do in the system but I suspect he would do very well.  Side note downer - I hope Shurmur stays next year - he is going to get a lot of HC attention from an anemic offensive team.   

Quote: @minny65 said:
@HappyViking said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

Yes, and don't forget having WR's that run great routes and get open, Teddy did not have that either.  Everything is clicking on offense with Shurmur and even his play calling has been excellent.  Not sure what Teddy will do in the system but I suspect he would do very well.  Side note downer - I hope Shurmur stays next year - he is going to get a lot of HC attention from an anemic offensive team.   
Diggs, Theilen, and Rudolph were all on the 2015 squad.  Mike Wallace was on the 2015 squad as well.  

If the Vikings need to sign anyone it's Shurmur, maybe Kyle will want to play for his dad.

Quote: @PapaScott said:
@minny65 said:
@HappyViking said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

Diggs, Theilen, and Rudolph were all on the 2015 squad.  Mike Wallace was on the 2015 squad as well.  

If the Vikings need to sign anyone it's Shurmur, maybe Kyle will want to play for his dad.
you cant even compare those guys in 15 with how they are playing in 17...not even close to as good of talent in 15.  and Rudolph got kept in to block on most downs in 15.  Wallace basically ran deep routes that Teddy rarely had time to wait for them to develop so thats really a moot point.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@PapaScott said:
@minny65 said:
@HappyViking said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

you cant even compare those guys in 15 with how they are playing in 17...not even close to as good of talent in 15.  and Rudolph got kept in to block on most downs in 15.  Wallace basically ran deep routes that Teddy rarely had time to wait for them to develop so thats really a moot point.
well you can't say that Case has better WR's then.  

Quote: @PapaScott said:
@JimmyinSD said:
well you can't say that Case has better WR's then.  
Yes, yes you can.  Thielen was still a special teams guy.  Diggs didn't play part of the year and then struggled as the #1 WR that Wallace wouldn't play.

Any football fan could tell you that 17 Thielen and Diggs are much better than 15 Diggs and Wallace.