Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rick Spielman Travels to Norman to Watch Baker Mayfield?
Maybe he was there to check out WV QB Will Grier who sadly, was injured and didn't play, but has put up some pretty nice numbers 

Quote: @Sir Viking Bob VWO said:
Maybe he was there to check out WV QB Will Grier who sadly, was injured and didn't play, but has put up some pretty nice numbers 
Its possible, but unlikely. BLESTO scouts focus on underclassmen. Team scouts and upper management focus on seniors since they are guaranteed to come out. They catch up with juniors at the combine after they announce their intent to enter the draft. 

With all three QBs being FAs after the season, it makes sense to keep an eye on the draft. Need to watch some footage on him, but I'm sure teams will be spending a lot of time determining if he's immature or just an ass.

Edit: Though with all three of our QBs being FAs after this season, it makes sense to keep a close eye on the draft. Could be looking for a starter or developmental QB depending on how things shake out.

Quote: @Tyr said:
With all three QBs being FAs after the season, it makes sense to keep an eye on the draft. Need to watch some footage on him, but I'm sure teams will be spending a lot of time determining if he's immature or just an ass.

Edit: Though with all three of our QBs being FAs after this season, it makes sense to keep a close eye on the draft. Could be looking for a starter or developmental QB depending on how things shake out.
I hope like hell he isn't looking for a starter in this year's draft with where we will be picking.   Year of the QB or not,  I don't want to see this team being led by a rookie QB next year.

I think its just normal due diligence. Part of the job is to cast a wide net so you are informed as a GM.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I think its just normal due diligence. Part of the job is to cast a wide net so you are informed as a GM.
I think there is a very good chance we go QB in the first few rounds this year.  I don't see the dream of retaining both Teddy and Case being a reality and we really have no idea on Sloters potential yet.  Keep the next one in the pipeline.

Quote: @Tyr said:
 Need to watch some footage on him, but I'm sure teams will be spending a lot of time determining if he's immature or just an ass.

Or both...

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
I think there is a very good chance we go QB in the first few rounds this year.  I don't see the dream of retaining both Teddy and Case being a reality and we really have no idea on Sloters potential yet.  Keep the next one in the pipeline.
IT sounds like they're pretty high on Sloter. Bradford is probably done here, and so it will come down to if Teddy makes it back or not. Otherwise, I am sure signing Keenum would be a priority. Long way of me saying I dont think we have to suffer with a rook @ QB starting. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
IT sounds like they're pretty high on Sloter. Bradford is probably done here, and so it will come down to if Teddy makes it back or not. Otherwise, I am sure signing Keenum would be a priority. Long way of me saying I dont think we have to suffer with a rook @ QB starting. 
another poster mentioned a "starting" QB,  thats were I said no way thank you very much.

as far as taking a qb,  even if we are high on Sloter,  he is far from proven,  if we do indeed lose 2 of the 3 in  Teddy, Sam, or Case, ( or all 3)  we will still be needing to add at least 1 QB to the roster and it might as well be a decent prospect.   We can always do the train and trade thing that seems to work pretty well for the patriots if we find ourselves with 2 or 3 decent QBs in a couple years.

Mayfield isn't an elite talent and he's got some baggage. That seems to fly in the face of what the franchise has been building, but we all know Spielman likes to play games in the draft so I hope the interest isn't real. Would prefer to see them keep stockpiling defenders and roll with Keenum/Bridgewater behind a strong running game.