Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calvin Johnson: I was 'stuck' in Detroit; 'it just wasn't for me anymore'
The Detroit Lions’ status as a Super Bowl nobody, coupled with an aging body, apparently played a role in Calvin Johnson's retirement.
Johnson, speaking during a news conference in Italy for Italian Bowl XXXVII in Vicenza, included the team's on-field performance as a reason for his departure from the NFL. It’s the first time Johnson has spoken about the team’s lack of success playing a role in his retirement.
"I didn't see a chance for them to win a Super Bowl at the time," Johnson said. "For the work I was putting in, it wasn't worth my time, to keep on beating my head up against the wall, and not go anywhere.
"It's the definition of insanity."
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf...470049001/

Not taking anything away from Calvin Johnson,but they looked a hell of a lot better without him and his bloated contract.  If your not a qb, and your taking that kind of scratch, you'd better be  Randy Moss JR.

He didn't feel that way when he got his big ass contract from them.

Quote: @Bolstad79 said:
Not taking anything away from Calvin Johnson,but they looked a hell of a lot better without him and his bloated contract.  If your not a qb, and your taking that kind of scratch, you'd better be  Randy Moss JR.
He was pretty damn impactful and I know you're not saying he wasn't. He's more than a Randy Moss Jr imo.

Anyways, I don't blame him for hanging em up. His kids, kids wont have to work and why put yourself at risk if there is no chance of winning the ultimate trophy in this sport?  

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@Bolstad79 said:
He was pretty damn impactful and I know you're not saying he wasn't. He's more than a Randy Moss Jr imo.

Anyways, I don't blame him for hanging em up. His kids, kids wont have to work and why put yourself at risk if there is no chance of winning the ultimate trophy in this sport?  

His impact wasn't missed in his absence.

Has Barry Sanders on speed dial

Jared Allen's easiest safety agrees...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...t-dust-up/

After a point, you get fed up with not reaching the goal. Guess he reached that point.

Quote: @Canthony said:
He didn't feel that way when he got his big ass contract from them.
His contract had a hand in his team's success.