Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much of Bridgewater do they need to see to get a bead on him?
Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
I don't think they have to get Teddy isn't a game if it doesn't work itself out naturally. You can see enough in practice to judge whether he is on track or not. But in all likelihood he'll get a shot to play down the stretch at some point. Like others have mentioned, week 17 is a decent chance. If the Vikings are locked into a playoff seed they could let Teddy start the entire 2nd half. Otherwise I wouldn't be surprised if they get a 2 TD lead at some point they trust Teddy to hold onto it and throw him in for a 4th quarter. 
So what your are hinting at is that the Vikings would be ready to go to the negotiating table with Teddy without seeing him play this year? Interesting and then I'm probably under-estimating the weight put on practices vs game-time? Ah well, let this dang thing play out...

Quote: @StickyBun said:
It comes down to this: if the organization thought Teddy could be a franchise QB before the injury and now he's healthy and looking as strong or stronger than before, than they're just rebooting the plan and he'll be the guy next year. Bridgewater just turned 25 years old 2 weeks ago, he's not near his prime yet. I think the team was ready to commit to Bradford, quite honestly, before this knee deal. No way they commit to Sam now.
They were never close to committing to Sam. Condon and Sam approached the Vikings multiple times during the off-season about an extension. The Vikings wanted nothing of it at that time. I think that is enough to suggest the Vikings always planned on letting this play out over the course of an entire season. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@StickyBun said:
It comes down to this: if the organization thought Teddy could be a franchise QB before the injury and now he's healthy and looking as strong or stronger than before, than they're just rebooting the plan and he'll be the guy next year. Bridgewater just turned 25 years old 2 weeks ago, he's not near his prime yet. I think the team was ready to commit to Bradford, quite honestly, before this knee deal. No way they commit to Sam now.
They were never close to committing to Sam. Condon and Sam approached the Vikings multiple times during the off-season about an extension. The Vikings wanted nothing of it at that time. I think that is enough to suggest the Vikings always planned on letting this play out over the course of an entire season. 
My point, although poorly communicated by me, is that if Bradford played like he did against New Orleans for the better part of this season, they'd have chosen him as their franchise guy over Bridgewater. They saw an excellent NFL passer last year, gutty and tougher than he'd ever played. A big NFL arm talent. 

I'm curious what Ricky was doing watching OU (Mayfield) yesterday. Is he in the future? Is Teddy talking? Is it going to take Keenum a SB to get locked up? This little ride has really thrown a wrench in the future, but hopefully it ends with us all smiling (and holding the Lombardi) for the entire offseason.

Can the Vikings toll Teddy's contract over to next year still---if so no need to see him unless case is hurt.  As to Bradford---I wonder if he and his agent tried to get the extension in the offseason because of issues with his knee---another injury settlement to sail off into the sunset.

They CAN still toll him, but have already stated they won't...

It would be nice to get Teddy some playing time. But I'm sure Rick already has a pretty good idea what they are going to offer Teddy.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
They CAN still toll him, but have already stated they won't...
i dont fully believe that. yeah, thats what they said. but they invested a lot in him and if they are going to choose keenum over teddy (which i dont think they will), teddy wont resign for a back up role and rick would be derelict to allow teddy to walk out the door without compensation. i would think they toll him while working out a sign and trade. 

you dont toll him because you want to maintain a  good relationship. you do toll him if that aspect is no longer a consideration. the vikes invested a lot in teddy and the qb position since deciding he was the guy. they need to recoup some of that. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
With real, live bullets flying? A 1/2 a game? A game? 2-3 games? 

Reason I ask is we're (probably) all in agreement RS & Zimmer need to see him play in order to make a determination as to if & what kind of offer they're willing to make #5. 

How willing are they put Keenum on ice to do that? For how long if at all? 

What happens if Bridgewater doesn't see the field this year? It's a growing possibility.

What kind of offer would they be willing to put in front of him then? Anything close to palatable to what Teddy and his agent would want? 

I've been preaching patience and let this play-out on the field, but they've had to been asking themselves this in Vikingland by now. Hell, maybe they already have a plan to execute based on different outcomes. For Teddy or Keenum.
I'm not in agreement.  I'm not even thinking about next year. No way the coaching staff is either.  

Quote: @PapaScott said:
@purplefaithful said:
With real, live bullets flying? A 1/2 a game? A game? 2-3 games? 

Reason I ask is we're (probably) all in agreement RS & Zimmer need to see him play in order to make a determination as to if & what kind of offer they're willing to make #5. 

How willing are they put Keenum on ice to do that? For how long if at all? 

What happens if Bridgewater doesn't see the field this year? It's a growing possibility.

What kind of offer would they be willing to put in front of him then? Anything close to palatable to what Teddy and his agent would want? 

I've been preaching patience and let this play-out on the field, but they've had to been asking themselves this in Vikingland by now. Hell, maybe they already have a plan to execute based on different outcomes. For Teddy or Keenum.
I'm not in agreement.  I'm not even thinking about next year. No way the coaching staff is either.  
I think their is an unsaid agreement between Spelly and Zimmer to get a look-see at Teddy before the season is over.  It might not even be unsaid.