Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally got through watching the game....
HUGE win, on the road, division, short week
Finally got that Lions monkey off our backs
I'll take it and run at 9/2 - dayum
Glad the players and staff get a longer break now before the next game. They need it, I need it lol! 
Kicking game sucks balls 
Offense is our best since 09
I love Diggs and Theilen 
Detroit shot themselves in the foot - a lot. Kinda like what we did to ourselves @ USB earlier. No use getting into what might have happened...
I cant remember an offense going at XR like I saw today. Jones is a damn good player. Xavier got the last laugh, bad call by Caldwell
I felt we were more impressive vs Rams than Lions - could be "on the road" effect and Lions playing for their lives today
How the "F" did they miss that pi on Diggs? Yup officiating sucked...See Barr thread
Man, we ran 41 times today, OL has to be happy
No splash plays from 54 or 55 for a while now
2 very tough road games coming-up; I would be very happy @ 10/3 after the dust settles on @ ATL, @ Car. 
Case Closed? Bradshaw and Long think so.

Think Xavier’s calf slowed him some, he was still right in position on most of his targets

Quote: @Kentis said:
Think Xavier’s calf slowed him some, he was still right in position on most of his targets
I didn't even think about his calf injury from the Rams game, but that could help to explain why he had an off game.

Road games are hard to win. Detroit is a decent team. 

Completely forgot about the calf until my oldest son reminded me...that was Rhodes worst performance since his rookie year...painful...

Two sacks and multiple negative no gains in the run game...Reiff will be busy in kangaroo court...

Griffen was abusing Decker...

Preifer needs to tighten up the blocking for kicks...not too worried about Forbath other than xp

The Vikings can win now, sometimes handily, when not playing perfect football. That bodes well moving forward. Not sure the game is even close without the just shit-tastic refereeing in the 2nd half.

the refs were awful. its really hard not to love this team. with so many udfas and smilling guys you just want to get behind how well coached they are and pull for them. we are good in all aspects, but every game at least 1 screws up... get it figured out by the playoffs. 

i love teddy so i have been very judgemental of case, but case has gotten better every week. i really like how shurmur is calling the game and the wrs and responding to cases movement. treadwell is open a lot more than he gets the ball... but i went back and watched sleeves again to compare vs the football case has been playing these last few weeks, and wow. cases pocket presence/movement so much more for this o. yes bradfords arm is special, but sleeves is a statue and just didnt create plays (these last few weeks those crazy plays just get the team/stadium going and deflate the other team/stadium), threw short of the line to gain on 3rd a lot, and didnt seem to give his wrs room to run (which case is allowing his wrs to do) he also would be getting sacked multiple times per game that case is avoiding. 

now im not saying case is an all pro, but he has played special football the last few weeks. 

its just too bad cook is out. he is good; however, it doesn’t get mentioned enough how good of a blocker jet is

Quote: @StickyBun said:
The Vikings can win now, sometimes handily, when not playing perfect football. That bodes well moving forward. Not sure the game is even close without the just shit-tastic refereeing in the 2nd half.
It is definitely encouraging to see them win games when they aren't playing their best on all sides of the football.  This game kind of reminded me of the Redskins game...  built a big lead early and then the defense played up and down the rest of the way.  Game ended up being much closer than it should have...  I'll take it though!!!  It's nice to see the team rise up and gut out a W after suffering through some adversity (penalties, gave up some uncharacteristic big plays, etc.).
BOOM