Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thielen moves into the Vikings' 1,000-yard club — the first since Sidney Rice in 2009

“Just remarkable,” receiver Stefon Diggs said. “I’ve watched the guy come up each and every day since I’ve been here. That’s the guy I have the most respect for. That’s my brother.”
Thielen now has 70 catches for 1,005 yards and three touchdowns in 11 games this season.
Three times quarterback Case Keenum looked his way on Thursday when facing a tough third down. All three times, Keenum and Thielen moved the chains. Thielen entered the comma club on his final catch: a 16-yarder that moved the Vikings into Lions territory in the fourth quarter.
http://www.startribune.com/receiver-adam...459629503/

Thielen, the only NFL player this season to record at least five grabs in every game, finished with eight catches for 89 yards. Vikings coach Mike Zimmer also prefers Thielen’s qualities over his numbers, raving about a recent encounter the two had at practice.
“The other day we were practicing. I put my hands up like I was going to fight him,” Zimmer recalled. “He said, ‘Coach, you don’t want to fight me, I won’t quit.’ I said, ‘You think I will?’ He said no, but that’s the kind of guy he is. He’s going to figure out a way.”

Nice win and they'll get some extended time off before the Atlanta game. Good stuff. I'm still kind of pinching myself this team is 9-2. 

I always liked Rice,  its a shame his body never let him reach his full potential.  The way he could adjust in mid air for a ball was something special.

Finally!!!  Now we don't have to hear about this anymore...  :-D

It'll be interesting to see what kind of pace he can keep up over the last 5 games...  At this rate, he could flirt with 1,400 yards. 

BOOM

Quote: @Wetlander said:
Finally!!!  Now we don't have to hear about this anymore...  :-D

It'll be interesting to see what kind of pace he can keep up over the last 5 games...  At this rate, he could flirt with 1,400 yards. 

BOOM
I think Ds will start giving him a little more attention.

That's Fine Diggs will then get 400 plus over next 5 games. (2 1,000 yard receivers)

Adam will still get his 5 plus catches per game.
Watching him and Case, reminds me a little of the Peyton/Marvin
They are just on the same page.

I think the off season work they put in together is paying off big time.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
“The other day we were practicing. I put my hands up like I was going to fight him,” Zimmer recalled. “He said, ‘Coach, you don’t want to fight me, I won’t quit.’ I said, ‘You think I will?’ He said no, but that’s the kind of guy he is. He’s going to figure out a way.”
LOL. Something that always stood out to me about Zim from his days as DC on Hard Knocks... His players absolutely loved playing for him, and more importantly, loved him. This seems to be another illustration of the relationships he develops with his players. 

At work, I lead leaders, and I'm constantly driving home the importance of a leader developing relationships with his team. One thing I tell them is that "Leading" is an actionable choice. Just being given the title "Leader" doesn't make you one. You make a choice to demonstrate leadership, and as a result, people will follow you. The first step in leadership is developing a relationship with those you are tasked with leading.

Managers are different... they've been given authority, and people do what they say because the manager has authority. Don't be a manager. I want leaders on my team.

Zim seems to be a living embodiment of that style.

Yeah, I'd like to see Diggs break 1,000 yards too. Would be awesome to have two 1,000 yard receivers after so such a long drought.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
I always liked Rice,  its a shame his body never let him reach his full potential.  The way he could adjust in mid air for a ball was something special.
Dont like what he pulled in 010, not at all. I think he's more of a Seahawk at heart than a Viking...IMO.