Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AT19>14...AT19=AB 84
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/the-n...wns-level/

Set aside Thielen's story -- the Hollywood journey from Division II Minnesota State University, Mankato, to his hometown Vikings, the move from undrafted practice squad rookie to everyday starter. Besides exploding as a consensus top-10 fantasy wideout, the 27-year-old pass catcher has essentially become Minnesota's offense in the wake of Cook's absence and sporadic showings from speedster Stefon Diggs.

His 916 yards through 10 games are second in the NFL behind only Antonio Brown, the Steelers' perennial 100-ball catcher, and put him on pace for 1,466 yards -- a total that would rank second in Vikings history behind Randy Moss' 1,600-yard 2003 campaign. His 62 receptions are tied for fifth in the NFL, putting him on track for 99 catches, another top-five team record. His 14.8 yards-per-catch average, meanwhile, is the best among the top 20 receivers in terms of total catches made, and he's shown no signs of slowing against well-ranked NFL defenses, going off for 123 yards against the Rams and 166 against the Washington Redskins a week earlier.

Eventually DC's are going to give #19 special consideration. Could start tomorrow. Thats when #14 and WR 3 need to make hay. Or the tailbacks...

I think he got a fair amount of attention from Josh Norman...we'll see if Slay follows Thielen around tomorrow or if they double him over the top with a S...Or if they continue to discount him and pay dearly for it... 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
I think he got a fair amount of attention from Josh Norman...we'll see if Slay follows Thielen around tomorrow or if they double him over the top with a S...Or if they continue to discount him and pay dearly for it... 
I think Norman stayed on his side of the field.  Diggs beat him deep once and Thielen beat him a few times.

I think that is the key, our offense is balanced.  They can't look to take away AT because Diggs can tear them up.  Or if they stay deep, our line and running game will grind it out.  Shurmur is doing a masterful job mixing it up.  Those short drag routes are killing teams as well.

He gets open. Consistently. Its natural thing. Minnesota caught lightning in a bottle with Thielen. He's legit.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
He gets open. Consistently. Its natural thing. Minnesota caught lightning in a bottle with Thielen. He's legit.
Well, you know what they say...Better Lucky Than Good. 

Many laughed/scoffed/snorted at me when I said he's our best WR at the beginning of season.  Now when I say it, I don't hear any laughing, scoffing, or snorting.  B)

both wr are good and im glad to have them

however if they both were healthy available Free Agents tomorrow, i think every single NFL team would go after Diggs before Theilen. but both would be top available players