Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Case Keenum has “a horseshoe right now” but how long will he have starting job?
Quote: @holmanjp said:
@Wetlander said:
@SFVikingFan said:

i like it all except the last sentence or two.
You may not like it and may not agree with it...  but I think it is the truth.  Is it fair?  Probably not.  But the reality is that Teddy Bridgewater is healthy, he's looking very good in practice, and the Vikings viewed Teddy Bridgewater as their franchise QB prior to his injury.  It is pretty obvious that Zimmer and the coaches still view him that way.
Case has slowly been winning me over the past couple weeks.  If he helps the team beat Detroit tomorrow, it is almost a lock that he gets the start against Atlanta.  He basically controls his own destiny right now.  If he keeps the team winning games, it will make it impossible for the coaches to make a change.  If he doesn't play well and the team loses...  we'll see what happens.
At this point, I'm just living in the now.  We're 8-2, have a big division game tomorrow, and Case is starting.  Let's put the Lions in their place and get a BIG FAT W.
BOOM

I didn't go back and listen.

Was it something like? Case needs to keep winning, The Vikings need to keep winning.

That is wrong. No other QB would be held to that short of a leash. The team is 8-2
If Ted was the starter from WK 1. How many people would have been beating their chests.
If a crystal ball guaranteed, The team would be 8-2 after WK 11 and 1st in the North. With Ted as the QB.

The carrot keeps moving. 2 weeks ago it was, the next 5 games are brutal.
(I think) The Team has a good shot at being 10-3 after that 5 game stretch.

Leaving the Bengals,Packers, Bears to end the regular season. How many of those 3 are wins?? 

That's a good way of putting it.  I feel that the carrot keeps moving as well.  A few weeks ago I heard "well Case is playing well now, but we need a QB who can score points and carry the team when the defense has an off day".  So he goes out and put up 38 on the road on a day the defense didn't show up.  Then I heard, "well Case hasn't really played any tough defenses yet, he's about to be exposed."  Then all he does is go out and play extremely well under pressure against one of the best teams and defensive lines in the league.

Now it's, "well as soon as he loses or doesn't play great for a week (or even a quarter or two according to some), he should be yanked for Teddy".  That's COMPLETELY asinine IMO.

@Wetlander said:
@SFVikingFan said:

You may not like it and may not agree with it...  but I think it is the truth.  Is it fair?  Probably not.  But the reality is that Teddy Bridgewater is healthy, he's looking very good in practice, and the Vikings viewed Teddy Bridgewater as their franchise QB prior to his injury.  It is pretty obvious that Zimmer and the coaches still view him that way.
Case has slowly been winning me over the past couple weeks.  If he helps the team beat Detroit tomorrow, it is almost a lock that he gets the start against Atlanta.  He basically controls his own destiny right now.  If he keeps the team winning games, it will make it impossible for the coaches to make a change.  If he doesn't play well and the team loses...  we'll see what happens.
At this point, I'm just living in the now.  We're 8-2, have a big division game tomorrow, and Case is starting.  Let's put the Lions in their place and get a BIG FAT W.
BOOM

Was it something like? Case needs to keep winning, The Vikings need to keep winning.

That is wrong. No other QB would be held to that short of a leash. The team is 8-2
If Ted was the starter from WK 1. How many people would have been beating their chests.
If a crystal ball guaranteed, The team would be 8-2 after WK 11 and 1st in the North. With Ted as the QB.

Leaving the Bengals,Packers, Bears to end the regular season. How many of those 3 are wins?? 

It's a 1 min video.  man our society has gotten lazy

Quote: @SFVikingFan said:
FLAG on the Statement!!!!

the last line or two is this:  
"Case Keenum, my advice to you, keep playing well and the Minnesota Vikings they gotta keep winning."

Quote: @Ilovebigtd's said:
lmao. wow. case has been a terrible qb his whole career
If he was terrible, he wouldn't have been the starter in LA last year....or had this long of a career.....or be doing what he's doing right now in Minnesota. We all like Teddy and some want to see him starting despite how Keenum is playing. But to trash Keenum by saying he's been a 'terrible' QB and what he's done so far in 2017 is just goofy. Its agenda-driven. Easy to dismiss your point of view when you present it this way. 

If you think Teddy has a bigger upside and would play as well or better than Keenum in this offense and with this line, that can be debated and argued as it certainly is possible. But to just shit on Keenum is ridiculous. 

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@SFVikingFan said:

BOOM

I'll drink to that!   Smile

[Image: Paws-and-Pints-at-the-Port-7.jpg]

Quote: @SFVikingFan said:
@Wetlander said:
@SFVikingFan said:

BOOM

I'll drink to that!   Smile

I will as well...

Wet nailed it -- enjoy the hell out of 8/2 and let this season unfold as it may.

We'll probably see Teddy again before its over, lets just hope its not under the nastiest of circumstances. 

Quote: @PapaScott said:
@holmanjp said:
@Wetlander said:
@SFVikingFan said:

BOOM

That or to busy, and can't sit around at work (like some) getting paid to re watch 1 minute videos to get the words exactly right.

@PapaScott said:
@holmanjp said:
@Wetlander said:
@SFVikingFan said:

BOOM

That or to busy, and can't sit around at work (like some) getting paid to re watch 1 minute videos to get the words exactly right.
are you inferring that I'm sitting?  getting paid to watch?   funny the amount of time that you took to read this thread, respond and type what you did and even reply to my quote of your post, you could have watched it several times.  Unbelievable!!!   how someone can respond to a post, article, link without even bothering to look, read, watch it.  Then criticizes someone who points it out.  Doh Kay

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@SFVikingFan said:

BOOM

The team is 8-2 and the fact that this is even being written is crazy, and kinda silly, sort of embarrassing.
Do you know fans of other teams? Ask them if they would put Ted in any time soon. 
Lets not forget it is not Brady or Rogers waiting to get back on the field.

"If he helps the team beat Detroit tomorrow, it is almost a lock that he gets the start against Atlanta." 

Quote: @PapaScott said:
@holmanjp said:
@PapaScott said:
@holmanjp said:
@Wetlander said:
@SFVikingFan said:

BOOM

are you inferring that I'm sitting?  getting paid to watch?   funny the amount of time that you took to read this thread, respond and type what you did and even reply to my quote of your post, you could have watched it several times.  Unbelievable!!!   how someone can respond to a post, article, link without even bothering to look, read, watch it.  Then criticizes someone who points it out.  Doh Kay
Someone get up on the wrong side of the bed?

Are you now implying I never watched it in the first place.
The jist of how I remembered it was fairly close. Maybe not to a perfectionist like yourself, but close enough. 

Just because you possibly just saw the video or have a photographic memory, does not take away from
the fact that I watched it yesterday around 4:00 Mountain time. If my not so perfect memory is right about that.