Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zimmer approves of Keenum's testicle size
Brian Murphy‏ @murphPPress 8m8 minutes ago
Brian Murphy Retweeted Chris Tomasson
Outstanding
Brian Murphy added,
Chris Tomasson @christomassonMike Zimmer says that QB Case Keenum has "big balls" in that he isn't afraid to to "pull the trigger.''

An homage headline to BarrNone.

But does he approve of the size or is just making an observation as the story states.

Quote: @ThunderGod said:
But does he approve of the size or is just making an observation as the story states.
Ben Goessling‏Verified account @GoesslingStrib 15m15 minutes ago
More
Ben Goessling Retweeted Mark Craig
In case you were curious...
Ben Goessling added,
Mark CraigVerified account @markcraignflZimmer: “The thing I like about Case is he’s got big balls.” Gotta love it.

Grandpa used to tell me that back in his day, this is how they determined a guys potential ceiling in the pros; they broke out a tape measure and charted his ball size. We've come a long way...

I'm glad to see that Zimmer appreciates a little risk-taking and attacking the D.  I guess it puts to bed the hypothesis on this board lately that Zimmer only likes QBs who are ultra-conservative and don't take any risks.

Quote: @SFVikingFan said:
I'm glad to see that Zimmer appreciates a little risk-taking and attacking the D.  I guess it puts to bed the hypothesis on this board lately that Zimmer only likes QBs who are ultra-conservative and don't take any risks.
Depends on how you read it. My first thought was that it was yet another back-handed compliment from Zim. 

Quote: @SFVikingFan said:

I think that was an ignorant take by a couple of fans...  EVERY coach in the NFL preaches protecting the football.  However, this fan derived myth that Zimmer wants a conservative QB isn't true...  here is what he said before the 2016 season:
Q: Last year here, I told you some NFL scouts believed Teddy Bridgewater would take a step back in his second season. You didn’t buy it. Statistically, he was the same guy from 2014 to 2015. What if anything do you see that’s different?
A: I see a lot of things different. The strength that he has now. The maturity. The things he sees on the field. The decision-making. He’s always had good decision-making, but now, I think his mentality is more aggressive. Just what I’ve seen in OTAs and I’ve seen so far in training camp, he seems to be more aggressive. He still takes good care of the football, but it’s no big deal — 'Hey, I’m going to take my shots.’[url=http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2016/08/01/matk-sanchez-leads-list-early-training-camp-overreactions/87802962/][/url]
Q: Can you live with that, if he makes more mistakes but also makes more plays?
A: Well, I think every situation is different. Certain games, we want to be a little more conservative. But no, I’m actually pushing him to (be aggressive). I want him to be able to have that mentality. We want to be able to practice, ‘Hey, this is the day we’re going to be aggressive.’ The thing about Teddy, and everybody talks about this and talks about that — he knows how to win, and what else is there with the quarterback? I’m not going to mention names, but there’s a bunch of quarterbacks throwing for 300 yards and their team doesn’t win. They make mistakes. They don’t play right in the critical situations of the game. And (people) say, ‘Oh, his arm strength.’ His arm strength is fine. He’s been throwing the ball 55 yards down in practice all the time. Ask what kind of arm Joe Montana had or any of these other guys. It’s just so fantasy football now. Our team is built a certain way, and that’s how we’re going to play. That’s just how we are and who we’re going to be, and I’m not going to apologize for it.
Q: You’re still a run-first team.
A: Yeah. It’s going to go through Adrian (Peterson). That’s how it is. But we’re trying to be a little more diverse in some of the things we do.

A: Yeah. It’s going to go through Adrian (Peterson). That’s how it is. But we’re trying to be a little more diverse in some of the things we do.

[Image: giphy.gif]