Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peterson's Week
Yeah AD had a bad game, and is old, slow and should hang it up.  There's this Gurley guy that plays for the Rams that went 15 for 37.  Man, he really went down hill too, but way sooner than AD did.

Quote: @HappyViking said:
Yeah AD had a bad game, and is old, slow and should hang it up.  There's this Gurley guy that plays for the Rams that went 15 for 37.  Man, he really went down hill too, but way sooner than AD did.
Don't blame us.  His own coach said he lost trust in AP in the press conference and blames himself for making the call to AP on fourth and 1 where he got stuffed.  

I bet the coaches of the Rams haven't lost trust in Gurley after the Vikings great D stuffed their whole offense. 

Quote: @A1Janitor said:
@HappyViking said:
Don't blame us.  His own coach said he lost trust in AP in the press conference and blames himself for making the call to AP on fourth and 1 where he got stuffed.  

I bet the coaches of the Rams haven't lost trust in Gurley after the Vikings great D stuffed their whole offense. 
So blocking had nothing to do with it, and it was all on AD?  What about Gurley?  Does he just suck, or did the Vikes D dominate the blocking so he didn't have open lanes?

I have a feeling AD's success and failures go with how well the blocking is - the same for any RB.  Murray ran for 95 on 15 carries while Gurley ran for 37 on 15.  Is Murray way better than Gurley?

LOL ask the coach!  He said he lost trust in AP.  Maybe he lost trust in his line?  Not ehat he daid though. 

Quote: @A1Janitor said:
LOL ask the coach!  He said he lost trust in AP.  Maybe he lost trust in his line?  Not ehat he daid though. 
He actually said he lost trust in AD?  You read or heard a quote saying saying that?

Backs need blocking, plain and simple.  When AD does well you guys say "Yeah, but did you see those lanes he ran through?".  Then if the line blocks like shit and don't provide the lanes, you guys get all giddy saying "See, told ya he sucks!".

I think Murray is pretty good, but our line is making him look damn good right now.  I wonder how Murray would look playing for the Vikes last season?

It's obvious AD isn't what he used to be, and I do think he should just retire.  It doesn't make me feel better about him to see him fail.  He's still out there trying to play a game he loves, so why shouldn't he?  I guess I don't hate or dislike him like many Viking fans do. Although, I can understand why some don't like him.

@A1Janitor said:
He actually said he lost trust in AD?  You read or heard a quote saying saying that?

Backs need blocking, plain and simple.  When AD does well you guys say "Yeah, but did you see those lanes he ran through?".  Then if the line blocks like shit and don't provide the lanes, you guys get all giddy saying "See, told ya he sucks!".

I think Murray is pretty good, but our line is making him look damn good right now.  I wonder how Murray would look playing for the Vikes last season?

It's obvious AD isn't what he used to be, and I do think he should just retire.  It doesn't make me feel better about him to see him fail.  He's still out there trying to play a game he loves, so why shouldn't he?  I guess I don't hate or dislike him like many Viking fans do. Although, I can understand why some don't like him.
Well said.  I wish him well enough.  He has earn his dislike here, but as you say, at this point in his career, he isn't going to look good without blocking. 

Quote: @greediron said:
@HappyViking said:
@A1Janitor said:

Well said.  I wish him well enough.  He has earn his dislike here, but as you say, at this point in his career, he isn't going to look good without blocking. 

There isn't a RB in the league that looks good without blocking.  Gurley certainly needed it yesterday... or does he just suck like AD does.  B)

@greediron said:
@HappyViking said:
@A1Janitor said:

There isn't a RB in the league that looks good without blocking.  Gurley certainly needed it yesterday... or does he just suck like AD does.  B)
nope, Gurley can pick up a blitz and make plays in the passing game....  B)

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@HappyViking said:
@greediron said:
@HappyViking said:
@A1Janitor said:

nope, Gurley can pick up a blitz and make plays in the passing game....  B)
I really didn't notice Gurley blocking well at all yesterday.  At least nothing stood out for me.  As for receiving, Gurley had 3 catches for 19 yards while AD had 1 for 16.  Not much of a difference to me.  Looks like they both suck.

@greediron said:
@HappyViking said:
@A1Janitor said:

You know, it thought that was the problem at New Orleans but they are one of the best rushing teams in the league without him.