Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Film review: Vikings’ Elflein is a game changer
You can’t overstate how big the difference has been between the 2016 Minnesota Vikings offensive line and the 2017 version. At the center of the turnaround – literally – has been rookie Pat Elflein, a third-round pick out of Ohio State whose mobility, run blocking skill and toughness have transformed the Vikings’ offense.Take for example the Vikings’ short passing game. Last season, running back Jerick McKinnon averaged just 4.3 yards per catch on throws behind the line of scrimmage. This year, he’s up to 6.4 per catch, grabbing 25 passes behind the line and gaining 161 yards. Case Keenum has thrown 64.4 percent of his total attempts either behind the line or under 10 yards. Many of those throws have required Elflein to use his mobility to block in space.

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2017/1...e-changer/

Keep drafting and building this unit in 2018. Would love to see some competition for the RT and Berger's spot. Wish Hill was more aggressive in the run blocking. 

The evolution of Isidora and Easton to “good” NFL OL, we are only one big K or Big Phil at RT from being Elite for years

On pace to be the best C in franchise history...amazed at how well he's played...I thought coming out he was the second best C, man was I wrong...trying to think of another rookie OL who is performing at a higher level...

I think Isidora is decent, but he's got to get a bit stronger. I'd like him in the mix next year, but with competition. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
On pace to be the best C in franchise history...amazed at how well he's played...I thought coming out he was the second best C, man was I wrong...trying to think of another rookie OL who is performing at a higher level...
I was hoping for another name at center.  Can't remember who now because Elflein has exceeded all expectations.

Quote: @greediron said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
I was hoping for another name at center.  Can't remember who now because Elflein has exceeded all expectations.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/e...id=2557891

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@greediron said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/e...id=2557891

Yeah, not much of a draftnik but I wanted a center in the worst way this year.  Elflein has been the answer.