Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Case Keenum debate should be put to rest
Quote: @djohnson038511 said:
I lost my old account and just kinda read articles on here without creating a new one. I love that where winning and i support anything Zimmer does with our team. Case is playing good with a great team around him. The oline allows no sacks. The receivers are now experienced and in their prime. The RB are great. The Defense is the best in the NFL. Its very very hard not to do good in the situation. The team he played for and failed at last year is 7-3 this year. it's been fun seeing us win like we are. 
what was your old account?  perhaps Olson can recover it for you if you would like?

Quote: @Ilovebigtd's said:
its mind boggling that hes playing this well. but i really dont trust case keenum in the playoffs or to keep this up. 

lions game will prove just that thursday 
lol... 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Luck, skill, magic, who cares? Keenum is a hoot to watch.
He keeps slinging passes on the run and making an occasional risky throw as if he has all the job security in the world. That’s a credit to him sticking to his style and not playing tight or cautious.
“We love the way he plays the game,” Thielen said. “He plays with a lot of passion.”
And confidence. Lots of confidence. Keenum’s comfort level with his receivers, his line and Pat Shurmur’s scheme seems to improve with each game.
His 28-yard completion to tight end Kyle Rudolph up the seam in double coverage was perfectly placed, and it showed his trust level in Rudolph. That’s just one example.
Definitely love that aspect about Keenum.  He plays with some serious passion.  Fun to watch.  Hard on the heart every now and then, but fun as ever.

Well . . . . just listen to Zimmer talking to the press about Keenum.  He says things like (paraphrasing): "it ended well" in reference to what he thought about Keenum's duck and chuck play. 
"He has a horseshoe." That is, Zimmer thinks Case is getting lucky. But Zimmer knows what happens to luck. It eventually runs out.
"It's hard to yank him now." As in, I'm looking for a reason but he has not given me one yet.
"I still have high hopes for Teddy." As in, Teddy is still my QB. Case is just keeping his seat warm for now.
There is one person who can end the debate by saying Case is my QB and this is his team.  But Zimmer has never said that. Everything he says suggests that Case should not get too comfortable as the starter. Maybe Zimmer feels that a comfortable Case is one who would take way too many chances with  the ball and the only way to tamp down his natural tendencies is by letting him know that he will not hesitate to replace him with Teddy if he "goes off the reservation."

Quote: @dadevike said:
Well . . . . just listen to Zimmer talking to the press about Keenum.  He says things like (paraphrasing): "it ended well" in reference to what he thought about Keenum's duck and chuck play. 
"He has a horseshoe." That is, Zimmer thinks Case is getting lucky. But Zimmer knows what happens to luck. It eventually runs out.
"It's hard to yank him now." As in, I'm looking for a reason but he has not given me one yet.
"I still have high hopes for Teddy." As in, Teddy is still my QB. Case is just keeping his seat warm for now.
There is one person who can end the debate by saying Case is my QB and this is his team.  But Zimmer has never said that. Everything he says suggests that Case should not get too comfortable as the starter. Maybe Zimmer feels that a comfortable Case is one who would take way too many chances with  the ball and the only way to tamp down his natural tendencies is by letting him know that he will not hesitate to replace him with Teddy if he "goes off the reservation."
That's exactly right. It's not hard to read between the lines here. My gut tells me that Zimmer thinks as good as Case has been, Teddy would be even better. It's not going to take much for him to pull the trigger on that. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@dadevike said:
That's exactly right. It's not hard to read between the lines here. My gut tells me that Zimmer thinks as good as Case has been, Teddy would be even better. It's not going to take much for him to pull the trigger on that. 
Zimmer is the coach, But I think Shurmur likes how the offense is playing right.
If Zimmer made a change that Shurmur didn't support. Could it cause a riff?

Quote: @Norse said:
@MaroonBells said:
@dadevike said:
Zimmer is the coach, But I think Shurmur likes how the offense is playing right.
If Zimmer made a change that Shurmur didn't support. Could it cause a riff?
I got that feeling last week against Washington.
Zim wants to insert Ted, but Shurmur was doing his best to showcase Case.

my old account was djohnson0385 i think. i just read forums now. i dont like to go on rants. i read the longship at least 3 times a week. i think ill just keep this one and try to be more involved.