Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peterson's Week
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@PapaScott said:
Every three weeks, yet you just joined?WTF?   Who's sock puppet are you?
hes no sock... he was at the other boards,  you probably had him on ignore.
I know who he is, at least the "name"  just seems odd to me that someone who just joined makes the claim that "every week " 

Yeah I know you can lurk...

Not to pile on, but it's nothing short of ironic that the Saints are now 3rd in the league rushing, we are 8th & the Cards are 31st

It looks like the Vikings made 4 good RB decisions this off season
Keeping Jet
Dumping AD
Signing Murray
Drafting Cook

No one likes seeing a legend end his career looking like a chump, but
Really glad we don't have to pay to see it every week

I love Teddy too, TDs...but you don't have to shit on Case or any of the people here who want him starting over Teddy right now. It begs the question: Are you a Vikings fan or just a fan of a single player? It takes a team to win a championship, btw...
I'd think that you'd cheer for the Vikings if they're winning, even if it means supporting the guy you don't see as the long-term answer at QB. There's no reason to start off this way when you just found your way back to the site. 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@StickyBun said:
The media has been very quiet about this. 
It's not a narrative they want. If he was having more success, they would be all over it. 
Yes, and when he plays another sieve defense (maybe not until the Giants), he'll get 110 yards on 30 carries and we'll see headlines all over about "he's back". But he will stay on the Cards' roster until the end of this season - the Saints are paying 80% of his salary.

Quote: @Ilovebigtd's said:
why dont you guys move on? hes not on the team anymore and its just pathetic how every week theres a thread about how much hes washed up. yes the guy is done, get over it. the man put this team on his back for YEARS! i’m blessed to see one of the greatest running backs of all time played for us. 

I know I shouldn't crank you up, but: yes, when he was great, Peterson helped the Vikings - and he was rewarded with fan adulation,  a state where 95% of all Vikings jerseys sold were his, All-Pro and MVP honors and nationwide acclaim, and paid more than any RB in NFL history.

But since 2013 he has done more bad than good.  This team continued to pay him and kowtow to him: I'm ashamed every time I remember Spielman and Zimmer flying to Peterson's home to bend the knee and beg him - a player under contract! - to deign to return from suspension for bloodying one of his sperm-donor children. He flirted with the owner of a hated team (Cowboys), complained that the state of Minnesota wasn't appreciative, and compared himself to a slave while he had been paid over $100 million to play a game.

And through the past 4 years, anyone who looked at this or any Vikings discussion had to put up with Peterson fanboys proclaiming that he was some godlike being who was faultless in all things, a great receiver and pass blocker and ageless runner and that this team would regret letting him go because he was going to have every team eager to sign him, lead some smarter team to a few Super Bowls, and be tearing up NFL defenses until he was 40. So it was OK to make ridiculous defenses and predictions about him but now that they are proven laughably wrong, you expect everyone to take the high road?

If it sounds like there is still a lot of anger at Peterson - good, because there is and he deserves far more than he will ever get. These guys should be grateful for the chance to play this game for millionaire salaries, but Peterson is the worst example of an ungrateful athlete and I can't imagine why any fan would defend him.

Yep I haven't been a fan of his since he was suspended, especially with his piss-poor attitude regarding the entire ordeal.  And then when he came back, it was obvious that his limitations were hurting the offense and Teddy's development in particular.  Good riddance.  Having RBs that can actually catch, pass protect, and run out of the shotgun has been so refreshing this year.

I'm sure my feelings towards him will soften somewhat over time, but I've been frustrated with him for over 3 years now and I'm so glad the Vikings finally moved on from him.

Quote: @Ilovebigtd's said:
ive been from the other forum before this upgrade, and idk how to get my old account back. 

ilovebigtd’s....yeah i didnt make too many friends here. i really dont care though. it is what it is. 

im a huge teddy backer also, so dont get mad when i shit on case. 
Quote: @prairieghost said:
I love Teddy too, TDs...but you don't have to shit on Case or any of the people here who want him starting over Teddy right now. It begs the question: Are you a Vikings fan or just a fan of a single player? It takes a team to win a championship, btw...
I'd think that you'd cheer for the Vikings if they're winning, even if it means supporting the guy you don't see as the long-term answer at QB. There's no reason to start off this way when you just found your way back to the site. 
why would you have to shit on Case to make an arguement for Teddy?  that is about the worst behavior from a  fan that I could expect to hear from anybody.

I think you would well served to find some humility in your return and heed PrairieGhosts advice if you intend to stick around here this time.

I’ve been as hard as anyone else on AD, but I’d really like
to see him get some yards and TDs.  He’s
not too far away from being able to leapfrog a couple different guys in the
all-time rankings.  I guess even at his
current pace he should get into the top 10 by the end of the year.

Quote: @medaille said:
its amazing how fast the wheels have fallen off him... it was just a few years ago it was how long to get to #1,  then it was could he still get to #1,  now its will he get to top 5?

Quote: @medaille said:
It looks like he needs 116 more yards to move into the top 10 past Jim Brown. Honestly, I would rather not see Brown bumped out, but probably inevitable. Peterson will need about 560 to move up to #9; think he can do that in 6 games? I think he will need another season.