Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
172 on the ground today...
Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
The running game has been a massive reason for the teams success. 

2016 - 2 games over 100 yards
2017 - 7 games over 100 yards (out of 10 games) 
Makes me wonder how #33 and Murray would have been? What's your thoughts on the QB situation moving forward Geoff??

It's been so refreshing watching a fun O !
Kudos to the FO for great decisions overhauling the run game
A lot of dead weight was jettisoned 

Unless Case seriously flops I think the only way we see Teddy is if we manage to have the home field advantage through playoffs locked up by the last game and they can rest him.  I would not have any issues with if it were to happen.

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
Kfan post game was saying that Case basically gets the rest of the year uncontested. Talking about how it might be his team to lose next year. 
Ha, lots of games yet. The KFAN crew are homers if they think Keenum has this job all of next year.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:

Makes me wonder how #33 and Murray would have been? What's your thoughts on the QB situation moving forward Geoff??
The offensive line play was so bad last year that anyone would have struggled in that backfield. McKinnon has really improved in a lot of ways over the last year too. He's much more physical now, which is a good thing. 

Case continues to prove any doubters wrong and you really need to ride the hot hand. Regardless of how much credit goes to his supporting cast he hasn't been a significant liability yet. At some point there is going to be a natural time to get Teddy some reps (up or down big). We just haven't seen that time yet. 

We also have a QB that jas 5 games with a 100+ rating. Rare air in that category.

@purplefaithful said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:

The offensive line play was so bad last year that anyone would have struggled in that backfield. McKinnon has really improved in a lot of ways over the last year too. He's much more physical now, which is a good thing. 

Case continues to prove any doubters wrong and you really need to ride the hot hand. Regardless of how much credit goes to his supporting cast he hasn't been a significant liability yet. At some point there is going to be a natural time to get Teddy some reps (up or down big). We just haven't seen that time yet. 
Keenum is a gun slinger. On a bad team that can be a recipe for a disaster, but the talent on this team is good enough that he can afford to take risks and more often than not the skill players will bail him out. His mobility has been a blessing, he's managed to extend plays, pick up "free" yards, and avoid taking sacks. There are a few times per game where he makes really questionable decisions and his ball placement isn't great, often making relatively easy plays difficult, but it is working and there is something to be said for taking risks that previously our offense could not afford to take. I do feel there will be a point where his decisions catch up to him, almost happened against Washington, but so far we've managed to ride out those mistakes while sustaining minimal damage.

I think its interesting that its very obvious the team would prefer to give Murray the majority of the carries. Dalvin Cook would be having a ROY season behind this line. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I think its interesting that its very obvious the team would prefer to give Murray the majority of the carries. Dalvin Cook would be having a ROY season behind this line. 
F ck....Dont remind me. 

Quote: @ThunderGod said:
@Mike Olson said:
Kfan post game was saying that Case basically gets the rest of the year uncontested. Talking about how it might be his team to lose next year. 

Long way to go yet.  I don't know if Case can loose the starting roll if he keeps going but I am not ready to say that he gets the rest of the year.
Yeah he has to win two Superbowls first.  

Probably best not to let to let him know he's the starter