Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings nose tackle Linval Joseph will swallow opponents whole
Linval Joseph is 6 feet, 4 inches and 329 pounds of muscle and intimidation who benched 550 pounds - in high school.The NFL is stocked with size XXXL men who possess uncommon strength. Then there is Vikings nose tackle Linval Joseph.
“He’s like the Hulk,” safety Harrison Smith said. “He’s a level up from the normal [NFL] strong.”
Joseph is 6 feet, 4 inches and 329 pounds of muscle and intimidation. The room shrinks when he walks through the door. He makes a normal-sized adult feel like a No. 2 pencil.
“He’s a strong, powerful man,” Vikings coach Mike Zimmer said.
How strong? Joseph once benched 550 pounds. In high school.
“He’s a monster,” offensive guard Jeremiah Sirles said. “He’s one of the strongest guys I’ve ever seen.”
Joseph is revered on a defense filled with Pro Bowl players and alpha male competitors. Teammates gush about him in reverent tones. Or with anecdotes.
“He’s an anchor,” defensive end Everson Griffen said. “You’ve got that big cruise ship. He’s the anchor. Boom.”
That’s where their defensive dominance starts, right in the middle with an immovable object. ProFootballFocus.com ranks Joseph among the best interior defenders in the NFL, and one can argue that no other nose tackle plays the position more forcefully than him.
http://www.startribune.com/vikings-nose-...458516113/

did we steal him from the Giants?

Quote: @Poiple said:
did we steal him from the Giants?
Yup. I think he was one of the first Zimmer signings

What gets me most about him is...  For a big man, he covers a LOT of ground. How many time have we seen him come in at the end of a play at the sideline, or downfield and finish off a play? He doesn't stop at the line when the ball is past him.. he keeps going until it's over. 

Him running over that Redskin WR last week was somewhere between hilarious and rubbernecking a car accident.