Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT FROM CASE?
WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT FROM CASE?

Should have beat the Lions?  
He matched Matthew Staffords game.  I’ve looked at the play by play and rewatched the game.
Here’s a recap.
Down 3  going into the 2min warning, Case leads the offense down the field for a Touchdown.  
Second half Vikes start with the ball moving the ball well only to have Jerrick Mckinnon and Dalvin cook running the wildcat, fumble the ball.
Next possession 1st play Dalvin Cook rushes 10 yards tears ACL fumbles the ball BACK TO BACK fumbles.  This came at the Vikings 28 yard line.  Detroit scores a TD and 2pt conversion to go up by 7.
The next offensive series for the Vikings, having just lost Cook.  1st pass play is a deep pass to Treadwell who looks to mis time his jump but replays show he was held down by D. Slay NO Flag! 2nd play is also a pass but no one is open down field so it’s a check down to Murray for 2 yards.  3rd play Pass again and once again Diggs is mugged and falls down pass incomplete.  PUNT.
The next offensive series for the Vikes, move the ball to the Detroit redzone and Miss a 39 yard field goal.  The play before the field goal attempt.  It appears that Theilen is open for a TD.  He choose to throw short of the sticks and the pass was broken up.
The Vikings get the ball again this time move the ball down field taking 8 mins and is first and goal at the 8.  2 run plays later they are 3rd and goal at the 3.  Keenum is sacked losing 11 yards.  4th down attempt is no good really nothing to blame on this play as the no one is open.
Despite 3 fumbles and a turnover on downs the Vikings would get another opportunity to tie the game with under 2 mins left.  Only to lose the ball on a fumble by Adam Theilen.

3 second half turnovers
1 turnover on downs after 1st and goal
In the second half
1 missed field goal
Starting running back, gone for the season in the second half
Back up running back, injured left the game
At least 3 No Calls on PI as stated by the announcers

This was a disappointing loss, especially after coming off a dominate win against TB in which Case had a career best game (at the time) couple that with 2 disappointing losses last year vs the Lions and needing to build up wins for a daunting 2nd half of the season.  Certainly hard to pin blame on Case or expect him to do more in light of the above negatives.

He should have beat the Steelers?
So the other loss on Case’s watch was in Pittsburgh I’m not going to take the time to dive into that game, but if I did it would be in light of the unknown surrounding Sam Bradford not sure about who got all the 1st team reps, but I’m thinking it was a late call that Bradford was unable to go. It was game 2 of the season on the road and there was not a lot of people predicting a win regardless of who was at QB.
From what I’ve seen Case has bounced back from every negative play on his part and he is doing everything that is being asked of him.  He is having the best performance from a Viking QB since Brett Favre.  What more do you expect?

Yeah, but some of his passes aren't pretty.

:p 

Oh, and he's been a backup for some of his time in the NFL, so he is obviously strictly a backup and can never be allowed to rise above that.

The above two comments were meant in jest by the way.

He could have easily had two more turnovers in the first half as Well.  The guy just makes me nervous.

I don't understand why people think you can't support both QBs. 

Keenum has played well, but has some flaws that many believe will show up during games against better competition.  I don't know how that is some outlandish take.  

Some believe the time away for Bridgewater will be detrimental to his game.  Another reasonable take.

Some believe that Bridgewater would do better against the tougher competition than Keenum.  Fair take. 

Zimmer makes the call.  I will not proclaim Zimmer as a terrible coach if he sticks with Keenum.  What will you say if Zimmer goes to Bridgewater?  Ask yourself that.

Quote: @Bolstad79 said:
He could have easily had two more turnovers in the first half as Well.  The guy just makes me nervous.
On the flip side, I have to say I enjoy Keenum's style of play a lot more than the constant dink and dunk and throw short of the chains type.  He takes risks, but to me for the most part they are calculated risks and they have turned out well in our favor so far this year.  You can't criticize him for turnovers and scary throws without also acknowledging a lot of the big time plays he has made by taking chances and trusting his WRs to make plays.  Just knowing that Case is willing to attack the defense deep helps keep the defense honest and also opens up more room for the running game, which has been a big strength as well this year.

Does Teddy make those throws or even attempt to make those throws?  I think it's a very fair question to ask and based on his first two years in the league, I have my doubts.  And yes I know the offense is different now, but if anything, Teddy played in a more vertical, deep ball offense than Case has under Shurmur.

One fumble was on Case, correct?

What more do I want?  More than 7 points at home.  Yes, two of the fumbles were not on him.  But 7 points at home.   Defense played lights out and we only score 7. 

What do I expect?  Consistency.  But not sure I actually expect that.  He is a great backup.  Lots of energy, plays well enough to win most games.  But avoiding the WTF plays would be a good start.

I want him to guest star on the YouTube channel FPS Russia.

I don't trust him as the season goes on, that's my bottom line. And I say this not wanting him pulled until he starts to stink it up....if he does. But I just think the other shoe is going to drop with him. But until that time, he's played very well. There's no denying it. But this offensive line is light years better than anything Teddy has played behind as a Viking. That's obvious.