Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
F'ing Diggs Had To Be A F'ing Hot Dog
Linval call was bogus, celebrations don't bother me....
....now, I say that they don't bother me with the exception of lewd crap like Antonio Brown's air humping. Friggin' gross....
Diggs should know about the goal post being off limits. He's a very emotional player which I love about him but he has to be smart. I believe he sincerely knows he screwed up and won't do it again. Thankfully the following score by the Skins didn't contribute to a defeat for us, this time. This team gets enough bogus calls on D that we can't give points away on celebration penalties. Diggs knows, and he'll not make the same mistake.

IIRC this was not the first time Diggs has drawn a penalty for his post TD celebrations and IIRC he said that time that it would not happen again.  hopefully it sticks this time.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
IIRC this was not the first time Diggs has drawn a penalty for his post TD celebrations and IIRC he said that time that it would not happen again.  hopefully it sticks this time.
I think you may be referring to his near fumble from celebrating his TD too early this year.  He caught an earful from Zimmer about that.

Quote: @prairieghost said:
Linval call was bogus, celebrations don't bother me....
....now, I say that they don't bother me with the exception of lewd crap like Antonio Brown's air humping. Friggin' gross....
Diggs should know about the goal post being off limits. He's a very emotional player which I love about him but he has to be smart. I believe he sincerely knows he screwed up and won't do it again. Thankfully the following score by the Skins didn't contribute to a defeat for us, this time. This team gets enough bogus calls on D that we can't give points away on celebration penalties. Diggs knows, and he'll not make the same mistake.
Agree on Linval. How is he supposed to stop? That Brown celebration was goofy. The Beckham one where he lifted his leg like a peeing dog was bizarre.

Quote: @greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
I think you may be referring to his near fumble from celebrating his TD too early this year.  He caught an earful from Zimmer about that.
No,  this goes back to his rookie year IIRC,   he over did a celebration and got a flag.

Quote: @ATXVIKE said:
"just act like ya been there before."
I agree with this statement, especially with Diggs.  I love his play making ability, but often times when he makes a play, whether it's a first down or TD, his reaction is a little excessive for my liking.  I get a little concerned a flag may be thrown for some sort of shenanigan. 

Hopefully, he will settle down a little and act like he's made some of these plays before. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@Vanguard83 said:
personally I'm so sick of all the celebratory stuff.

If I saw my team acting out this shit using practice time, I'd be chewing them out.
duck, duck goose, leapfrog, posing for pictures, driving a car....classless.

give the ball to a kid in the stands...or police / military representative...that ball means everything to them and will treasure that moment the rest of their lives

nope....gotta drag your ass across the turf to show everyone you have pinworms. It can't be about the kid there for his first game, or a serviceman or servicewoman, or anyone OTHER than self.
I guess we're all going to have our take on it...I'm glad the No Fun League is loosening-up.

Personally I don't mind it,  and if it makes it more fun for the players? Then that's cool with me. 

Diggs having coitus with the goal post today brought back memories of Moon over Lamblow for some reason. 

...and for the kids, the future of the sport.  I agree some decorum is necessary, but at least it's nothing political.

On that note... I saw someone turn this celebration into a mocking of the 9/11 tragedy.  Sadly, after I watched it again it actually made me see their point for a split second, and then I realized just how quickly and easily these things can be made political by anyone with a sick agenda.  Lets keep it fun, and hopefully the players, at least on our team, continue to do the same.

Hopefully no one suggests I am making this political when I was merely pointing out how easy it is for some to take the fun out of it all.  I like the celebration antics, as long as it's not disrespectfull, lude, or unneccessary.  Just my singular opinion.

I don't mind the fun celebrations.  I think too many are contrived, but so what.  Avoid the lewd Steeler crap, don't touch the goal post and don't taunt.  Seems pretty simple.