Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wait what? A fake concussion check?
What was that? Ref wanted Russell Wilson to get looked at. So he goes into the tent and comes right back out without getting looked at. How does that work? 

Russell decided he didn't have time for that! Crazy.

guy seemed fine. id be pissed as a fan if the league forced my star qb to sit in a tent and miss a bunch of plays if he was actually ready to play. 

Quote: @Vikeking2 said:
guy seemed fine. id be pissed as a fan if the league forced my star qb to sit in a tent and miss a bunch of plays if he was actually ready to play. 
what do you know about concussion? not being a smart ass here,  are you qualified to identify on the fly a concussive hit?  I have suffered several concussions, I have seen my kid through several as well.  I am trained to identify concussive symptoms and I can say that I couldnt necessarily say that a guy is good or not without spending a couple minutes with him and even then I couldnt say yes or no with certainty.  If we are going to see football going forward its going to have moments of player absence as they are cleared.

as a fan are you willing to say that you are putting victory ahead of your teams players future health?  the owners are no longer willing to take this risk and that is why these policies are in place.

Game suspension would put a stop to that.  If you don't get checked out and try to take the field again... you're out for the game.  Easy fix if they are serious about this... then be serious. 

Quote: @Bezerker88 said:
Game suspension would put a stop to that.  If you don't get checked out and try to take the field again... you're out for the game.  Easy fix if they are serious about this... then be serious. 

Loss of draft picks if they were really serious about this...

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Vikeking2 said:
what do you know about concussion? not being a smart ass here,  are you qualified to identify on the fly a concussive hit?  I have suffered several concussions, I have seen my kid through several as well.  I am trained to identify concussive symptoms and I can say that I couldnt necessarily say that a guy is good or not without spending a couple minutes with him and even then I couldnt say yes or no with certainty.  If we are going to see football going forward its going to have moments of player absence as they are cleared.

as a fan are you willing to say that you are putting victory ahead of your teams players future health?  the owners are no longer willing to take this risk and that is why these policies are in place.

I think the key word is "forced".  If Russell is willing to risk his own health, why shouldn't he be able to do so?  It's one thing if his coach demands that he undergo the "protocol"... but something completely different if it is mandated by the referee.

Quote: @pumpf said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Vikeking2 said:

I think the key word is "forced".  If Russell is willing to risk his own health, why shouldn't he be able to do so?  It's one thing if his coach demands that he undergo the "protocol"... but something completely different if it is mandated by the referee.
because in 15-20 years when he blows his head off and his widow sues the league for compensation the argument cant then be made that he wasnt able to play or wasnt in any condition to be making those decision on his own.  the easiest thing would be for the players fate to be held by the players union in terms of can they play or not... but then the liability of those decisions would be on the players union and not the owners.

Quote: @pumpf said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Vikeking2 said:

Most of us have safety regulations we must adhere to in our jobs. Nothing different with Football. You want a guy running the forklift that come through your warehouse with a load after he fell and had his bell rung? I know I don't. 

" I think the key word is "forced".  If Russell is willing to risk his own health, why shouldn't he be able to do so?  "

Because he may have drain bamage ?