Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone here REALLY EXPECT Bridgewater to start Sunday?
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@PapaScott said:
Here's the article.   http://zonecoverage.com/2017/vikings/vikings-features/seehafer-on-zach-miller-teddy-bridgewater-and-dislocated-knees/
It’s been estimated that approximately 19 percent of players who suffered a lower-velocity knee dislocation — often lacking neurovascular compromise — returned to their prior level of sport.

If a player is able to return to their prior level of play, they are at an increased risk of significant knee injuries — both acute and chronic — and have a 50 percent increased risk of developing osteoarthritis.
As for Bridgewater, who could come off the physically unable to perform list within the next few weeks, the research serves as a cautionary tale. Anybody with a heart and who is a fan of football is pulling for him to return to action and succeed, but getting back on the field, although it would be a major triumph, is only the beginning. He will forever have an elevated risk for suffering another knee injury, not only in his involved knee but also his uninvolved.

It’s imperative that the Vikings and Bridgewater continue to be cautious with his return, putting him back under center only when he and his knee are truly ready, whether that be this season or next.

Bridgewater did not experience any arterial or nerve damage, according to the Vikings.
where does it say artery or nerve damage?  I never said that.  
This was a rare and Very significant knee injury and a non-contact injury at that. 

Quote: @PapaScott said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@PapaScott said:
Here's the article.   http://zonecoverage.com/2017/vikings/vikings-features/seehafer-on-zach-miller-teddy-bridgewater-and-dislocated-knees/
It’s been estimated that approximately 19 percent of players who suffered a lower-velocity knee dislocation — often lacking neurovascular compromise — returned to their prior level of sport.

If a player is able to return to their prior level of play, they are at an increased risk of significant knee injuries — both acute and chronic — and have a 50 percent increased risk of developing osteoarthritis.
As for Bridgewater, who could come off the physically unable to perform list within the next few weeks, the research serves as a cautionary tale. Anybody with a heart and who is a fan of football is pulling for him to return to action and succeed, but getting back on the field, although it would be a major triumph, is only the beginning. He will forever have an elevated risk for suffering another knee injury, not only in his involved knee but also his uninvolved.

It’s imperative that the Vikings and Bridgewater continue to be cautious with his return, putting him back under center only when he and his knee are truly ready, whether that be this season or next.

Bridgewater did not experience any arterial or nerve damage, according to the Vikings.
This was a rare and Very significant knee injury and a non-contact injury at that. 
And Zimmer just gave him the 'he's 100% ready to go', so your worries weren't founded here in this case. No way Minnesota makes him active and places him as the primary backup if he didn't get a full clean bill of health.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@PapaScott said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@PapaScott said:

And Zimmer just gave him the 'he's 100% ready to go', so your worries weren't founded here in this case. No way Minnesota makes him active and places him as the primary backup if he didn't get a full clean bill of health.
I never said I was worried.  I said I doubt he is activated.  I was wrong.  If he comes back to play at the level he was at before his leg nearly fell off it will be an incredible story.  I still doubt that he will be back to that level.
Is Teddy the primary back up?  Sloter is listed as Primary back-up to Case

@StickyBun said:
@PapaScott said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@PapaScott said:

I never said I was worried.  I said I doubt he is activated.  I was wrong.  If he comes back to play at the level he was at before his leg nearly fell off it will be an incredible story.  I still doubt that he will be back to that level.
Is Teddy the primary back up?
Yes, he's the #2 behind Keenum for Sunday. Sloter will be inactive.

Who's talking about whether he comes back to his former level or not? I mean, nobody knows. You said he wouldn't be active and then said if he was, he wouldn't play: he's going to do both. I agree that it remains to be seen how he performs. 

@JimmyinSD said:
@PapaScott said:

yes.... but after the dislocation was dealt with (immediately) it essentially was a bunch of torn ligs and cartilage... like many other knee injuries.  if he had suffered the nerve and arterial damage it would have been much less likely for him to return and would have been a bigger deal,  but fortunately he didnt have those issues to overcome so i am saying it wasnt nearly as bad as you want to think it was.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@PapaScott said:
@StickyBun said:
@PapaScott said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@PapaScott said:

Yes, he's the #2 behind Keenum for Sunday. Sloter will be deactivated.

Who's talking about whether he comes back to his former level or not? I mean, nobody knows. You said he wouldn't be active and then said if he was, he wouldn't play: he's going to do both. I agree that it remains to be seen how he performs. 
I don't know where you have been but there have been people pumping for Teddy to start since he came back of the PUP list.  Can blame a Viking fan for being doubtful can ya?
I think it's a big deal that the odds of Teddy coming back to play at his former level are not that good.  I think we are all being set up for a big let down.  I'm not too eager to be let down.
Teddy has already exceeded my expectations, but I'm not holding out hope that he will be any better than he was before.  It's an amazing story so far.

I can appreciate passionate fans speculating on complicated injuries, sight unseen, holding no medical degrees, but I really appreciate the Bucs coach's honesty on his gimpy QB...

Koetter said the latest MRI showed "a lot of medical terms that I'm not an expert on, but that he needs to be off for a couple of weeks.

@StickyBun said:
@PapaScott said:
@StickyBun said:
@PapaScott said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@PapaScott said:

I don't know where you have been but there have been people pumping for Teddy to start since he came back of the PUP list.  Can blame a Viking fan for being doubtful can ya?
I think it's a big deal that the odds of Teddy coming back to play at his former level are not that good.  I think we are all being set up for a big let down.  I'm not too eager to be let down.
Teddy has already exceeded my expectations, but I'm not holding out hope that he will be any better than he was before.  It's an amazing story so far.
calling for him to start if he is showing better in practice than Case.. i can only think of 1 guy that has been blindly in the start Teddy now camp,  but he thought he would be ready in July so... most everybody has been saying he should start as soon as the coaches think he is able to perform better than Case has.... basically saying that we dont want to wait for Case to lose a game or two if we have a better option waiting in the wings.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@PapaScott said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@PapaScott said:

yes.... but after the dislocation was dealt with (immediately) it essentially was a bunch of torn ligs and cartilage... like many other knee injuries.  if he had suffered the nerve and arterial damage it would have been much less likely for him to return and would have been a bigger deal,  but fortunately he didnt have those issues to overcome so i am saying it wasnt nearly as bad as you want to think it was.
whatever.  I'm not making up the significance of the injury or wanting to think it was worse.  Teddy is lucky it was not worse, but since it was not worse does not limit the significance of the injury nor the complications from the injury and further probability of future setbacks to the injury or future injury to the non effected knee as described in the article.  what Teddy escaped was leg amputation there is no overcoming that to play football.   How can you just blow the injury off, his knee dislocated dropping back to pass with no contact.  Knee dislocations are rare.

@StickyBun said:
@PapaScott said:
@StickyBun said:
@PapaScott said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@PapaScott said:

Ok, so some fans want Teddy to start. So what? Maybe he should be starting. Who knows? Its unknown territory, but physically he's back all the way. That's the starting point. How will he perform? Not sure. This team has let down their fans forever, lol. Its nothing new. I think the reason some fans are excited is because this offensive line is by far the best that Teddy will have ever operated behind. And a backup QB is playing well with them. Its not far-fetched to think its possible TB might look pretty good with this group. 

If you dont' want to be let down, its fine. I get the 'show me' part of this before I buy in' attitude. Trust me, I do.