Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone here REALLY EXPECT Bridgewater to start Sunday?
Why do they HAVE to get him on the field.   They know what they have in Teddy and if they don't know that by know they will never know.   The Vikings are not known for risk taking, don't see them risking the season or Teddy.

Quote: @PapaScott said:
Why do they HAVE to get him on the field.   They know what they have in Teddy and if they don't know that by know they will never know.   The Vikings are not known for risk taking, don't see them risking the season or Teddy.
how do you know what you have in a guy that has undergone a major injury and lengthy rehab, but has not seen live action?  remember Sam looked good in practice prior to the bears game and we all saw how that changed when the red jersey came off.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@PapaScott said:
how do you know what you have in a guy that has undergone a major injury and lengthy rehab, but has not seen live action?  remember Sam looked good in practice prior to the bears game and we all saw how that changed when the red jersey came off.
The odds of Teddy returning to play football are 20%  The Vikings are sitting at 6-2, Starting a guy who has not played a down in 2 years is asinine.  Then you factor in Starting him in Washington?  Nope not going to happen, all the hope in the world is not going to make that happen.  The only way He sees the field is if he gets activated today.  IF that happens then the only way is if the Vikings have a big lead and then I'm not even sure I would risk him. 

@JimmyinSD said:
@PapaScott said:
The odds of Teddy returning to play football are 20%  The Vikings are sitting at 6-2, Starting a guy who has not played a down in 2 years is asinine.  Then you factor in Starting him in Washington?  Nope not going to happen, all the hope in the world is not going to make that happen.  The only way He sees the field is if he gets activated today.  IF that happens then the only way is if the Vikings have a big lead and then I'm not even sure I would risk him. 
what odds are you talking about?   He went through camp and  played the preseason last year so the 2 year thing is a bit of a stretch.  

i read your statement as he wasnt going to play at all this year,  not necessarily as in response to this game alone so a little misunderstanding there.  However... he has been taking reps with the team for several weeks now and is only impressing from what weve heard.  not 1 mention of any setbacks that I can recall.   if his reps are looking markedly better than Keenums the next step is to increase his practice workload and then get him into some live action.   no point in saving him,  if he is cleared to compete... let him compete.  ( his first competition is with Case of course, but once he proves better in practice....)

Do you think they want to hand over millions of dollars to a player that they haven't seen in a live game?? Unless they aren't planning on resigning him they need to see him in live action. I'd think that would be obvious to anyone.

It feels like a lot of this discussion is some form of "that type of turf is wrong" or "a home/away game is wrong" - trying to determine the perfect  moment for Bridgewater. Another big part of the comments are, "but that would be his first game action / first hit", and more are "he might be rusty / need some game reps without pressure"...

But should the Vikings really look for some ideal condition? If you insist his first game action against live opponents must occur when conditions are ideal and pressure minimal, put him back on PUP right now because that is not going to happen until the 2018 preseason. 

Teddy's biggest supporters say he is special and GUMP. If that's true, play him when he is physically ready, don't wait for some opportunity to ease him in softly.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@twgerber said:
Case starts this week.  The team is winning and you don't change a successful formula just cause it's Teddy.  
i dont think to many that are saying make the change are saying it because its Teddy,  they are saying it because they want the best QB to play and the assumption right now is that Teddy is going to be better than Case,  but I am sure the thoughts would be the same if it was Sam or any other QB with a higher upside than Case.

im saying it because it is Teddy. but understand holding off since Case has showed up well IMO. 

but i just dont want us to have to wait for a couple bad games to make a switch. if the staff think teddy is ready and that he is the best QB, they should start him.

Quote: @Jor-El said:
It feels like a lot of this discussion is some form of "that type of turf is wrong" or "a home/away game is wrong" - trying to determine the perfect  moment for Bridgewater. Another big part of the comments are, "but that would be his first game action / first hit", and more are "he might be rusty / need some game reps without pressure"...

But should the Vikings really look for some ideal condition? If you insist his first game action against live opponents must occur when conditions are ideal and pressure minimal, put him back on PUP right now because that is not going to happen until the 2018 preseason. 

Teddy's biggest supporters say he is special and GUMP. If that's true, play him when he is physically ready, don't wait for some opportunity to ease him in softly.

Agree, there is no perfect scenario. An injury can occur at any time, even without contact as we know all too well already.
I had honestly hoped to see Teddy back against the Rams if he was ready, only because I thought it being a home game it would really, really pump up the fans to see him restart his career at US Bank. It makes sense from a PR standpoint but isn't necessarily sensible with regard to Teddy's health (though I feel confident he's mentally ready).  We only have 3 home games left and so it seemed like a good spot to me for him to come back. But I trust the team as they are obviously consulting with Teddy's physicians and therapists and Teddy himself to make sure he's feeling ready for live game action.

Here's the article.   http://zonecoverage.com/2017/vikings/vikings-features/seehafer-on-zach-miller-teddy-bridgewater-and-dislocated-knees/
It’s been estimated that approximately 19 percent of players who suffered a lower-velocity knee dislocation — often lacking neurovascular compromise — returned to their prior level of sport.

If a player is able to return to their prior level of play, they are at an increased risk of significant knee injuries — both acute and chronic — and have a 50 percent increased risk of developing osteoarthritis.
As for Bridgewater, who could come off the physically unable to perform list within the next few weeks, the research serves as a cautionary tale. Anybody with a heart and who is a fan of football is pulling for him to return to action and succeed, but getting back on the field, although it would be a major triumph, is only the beginning. He will forever have an elevated risk for suffering another knee injury, not only in his involved knee but also his uninvolved.

It’s imperative that the Vikings and Bridgewater continue to be cautious with his return, putting him back under center only when he and his knee are truly ready, whether that be this season or next.

Here's the article.   http://zonecoverage.com/2017/vikings/vikings-features/seehafer-on-zach-miller-teddy-bridgewater-and-dislocated-knees/
It’s been estimated that approximately 19 percent of players who suffered a lower-velocity knee dislocation — often lacking neurovascular compromise — returned to their prior level of sport.

If a player is able to return to their prior level of play, they are at an increased risk of significant knee injuries — both acute and chronic — and have a 50 percent increased risk of developing osteoarthritis.
As for Bridgewater, who could come off the physically unable to perform list within the next few weeks, the research serves as a cautionary tale. Anybody with a heart and who is a fan of football is pulling for him to return to action and succeed, but getting back on the field, although it would be a major triumph, is only the beginning. He will forever have an elevated risk for suffering another knee injury, not only in his involved knee but also his uninvolved.

It’s imperative that the Vikings and Bridgewater continue to be cautious with his return, putting him back under center only when he and his knee are truly ready, whether that be this season or next.

Bridgewater did not experience any arterial or nerve damage, according to the Vikings.