Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings Fan Experience in London – Should I stay or should I go

[Image: London-pub.jpg?fit=630%2C350]Vikings Fan Experience in London – Should I stay or should I go
Our very own member Nichelle gives us a fantastic 26 page tour of her stay across the pond where she was able to see the Minnesota Vikings in action against the NFL Browns. Complete with pictures t…

Read the full story here

This is a must read! Next time we are in London I have got to make sure I get there for it. It's been too long since I was over there as it is.

Thats a great write up Nichelle.  Thanks for sharing your adventure with us.  Maybe next time the Vikes play over there you can be our tour guide.  I know the tour of southern Ireland would be loved by many.

Thanks for posting the article.

Everyone - If 26 pages sounds like a lot, a lot of it is pictures.

And sure, I'd be happy to be a tour guide. If another game is announced, let's all go!

There were a couple of video links from the pub that didn't translate:
https://flic.kr/s/aHskwropJ2

so getting around over there wasnt as big of a hassle as the KFAN guys were reporting?  I think I heard 90  minutes to go 12 miles or something like that.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
so getting around over there wasnt as big of a hassle as the KFAN guys were reporting?  I think I heard 90  minutes to go 12 miles or something like that.
If you're driving during rush hour/heavy traffic, sure. Our shuttle back to the airport from the hotel took well over an hour to go about 20 miles. But (I think) this was my eighth trip over and I've never rented a car. Their public transportation system is miles ahead of anything I've seen in the US. I can understand broadcasters and the team using car services but for the average tourist, the bus/train/subway system works great. 

On game day, we walked about 8 minutes to the train station. There were trains leaving every 15 minutes to the stadium. It was a 20 minute ride.

On the trip 3 years ago, we visited the city of Bath in Southwest England. We got there via a 90 minute train ride from London.

I think you'd find the system easy to navigate.

great article. my iphone didnt like it but i got through!!  

Quote: @AGRforever said:
great article. my iphone didnt like it but i got through!!  

Thanks! On an iPhone? You're a trooper!

Great article!  I would also love to go over there for a Vikings game one of these years. 

Thanks for sharing, great write up and pictures!  Doing a London Vikings road trip game truly is a great experience... I went over there for the Steelers game with a few cousins/people and had a blast.  I'd recommend trying to attend a Premier League soccer match to see how they do football... it was great!