Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blair Walsh 0-3 in the first half...wide left
That is great...This is the first time this year I really haven't come through.  :p :p
Let the wide lefts begin.

Quote: @Norse said:
That is great...This is the first time this year I really haven't come through.  :p :p
You can see from that quote from Walsh he's trying to convince himself. Its part of the mental aspect that I'm sure was advice from a sports psychologist. I think Carroll is a good coach for Walsh as he's trying to deflect blame directly onto him. But ultimately, its his own internal mental demons that gives a player the 'yips', not external pressures. Now that that genie is out of the bottle again, its going to be a struggle for Walsh moving forward. 0-3 in the first half is BRUTAL for his psyche.

I don't want to hate on the guy, but what he's said recently in the last 5 months about Minnesota has changed my view on him. He was basically blaming the organization for his performance. Convenient.

Yea I am not missing any of these recent ex-Vikings:

Walsh - first horrible game but he is very streaky and it is the second half so pressure increases
AD - coming off good game vs one of the worst run defenses but old and done and we didn't need one demensional 
TJ Clemmings - did you see the turnstile at LT yesterday - really bad - if you didn't see him hopefully you will next week
Patterson - no receptions or even targets - Oakland realizing what we all know - he is not a WR.  Now is he worth 5 million per as a ST ace?  

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@Norse said:
You can see from that quote from Walsh he's trying to convince himself. Its part of the mental aspect that I'm sure was advice from a sports psychologist. I think Carroll is a good coach for Walsh as he's trying to deflect blame directly onto him. But ultimately, its his own internal mental demons that gives a player the 'yips', not external pressures. Now that that genie is out of the bottle again, its going to be a struggle for Walsh moving forward. 0-3 in the first half is BRUTAL for his psyche.

I don't want to hate on the guy, but what he's said recently in the last 5 months about Minnesota has changed my view on him. He was basically blaming the organization for his performance. Convenient.
great leg, weak mind.  Yes it his mental demons that will end his career.  I liked the guy when he was here.  But I remember Tom telling us that he had to stand on the higher ground when interviewed.  Little man syndrome.  And he tries so hard to convince himself.  That isn't a good sign for Seattle.

Quote: @minny65 said:

Walsh - first horrible game but he is very streaky and it is the second half so pressure increases
AD - coming off good game vs one of the worst run defenses but old and done and we didn't need one demensional 
TJ Clemmings - did you see the turnstile at LT yesterday - really bad - if you didn't see him hopefully you will next week
Patterson - no receptions or even targets - Oakland realizing what we all know - he is not a WR.  Now is he worth 5 million per as a ST ace?  
Saw one vintage TJ whiff late in the game.  Didn't seem as horrible as he was here, but I recognized that one from a mile away.

Quote: @greediron said:
@minny65 said:

Saw one vintage TJ whiff late in the game.  Didn't seem as horrible as he was here, but I recognized that one from a mile away.
There were a few more misses but your right he didn't look as awful but I think it was because it wasn't my Viking QB he was protecting Smile  We will see vs Griff next week!!!

Looking at ex Vikings - John Sullivan is playing well for the Rams.  I thought between Sully and Load that one would come back healthy enough and I leaned more Load then Sullivan.  Was wrong on both counts.  Rams have fixed there OL by signing Whitworth (who I wanted along with Reiff) and Sullivan - two old vets.  We went much younger with our rebuild and did not want to sign anyone with an injury history because we were burned with those players the year before.

As you know, I am a Spelly supporter, and looking at the list of players above part of the GM's job is to know when to move on from players and with the whole list above all were good decisions including Sully and Patterson who are the most serviceable IMO. 

CP would be a keeper if you could pay him as a top ST player and not 5 million.  I am going to be very curious if Oakland looks to resign him and what the open market will look like for him. I think there are always offensive coaches who will think they can make a WR out of CP so he might keep getting that kinda money and who knows year 6,7,8 he might learn to run the route tree with timing, depth etc. 

Quote: @minny65 said:

Agree, I don't miss his inconsistency - but I wish we had made more effort to give Forbath competition.

Cards are going to plow him into the ground to stay around .500; no coach really wants to tank a season even if it improves draft position. If David Johnson is recovering, Arizona will cut Peterson after this year.

Griffen and Clemmings practiced against each other a lot, so it would be interesting. 

His "2 year contract" has an out after this season; Oakland will cut him. I would be interested in bringing him back here for about $1M/year.

[Image: t4abk9ydxu62.jpg]

I'm happy to see him missing FGs now in Seattle.  We all knew it was just a matter of time.

Walsh was treated extremely well by the organization and fans here, especially after he cost us the playoff game against Seattle.  So after the shit he talked after he was let go I wouldn't be sad if he never made a FG again.  Actually, I hope he continues to make them so that he can be around just long enough to miss one at the worst possible moment for Seattle.

https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/898757292069339136

https://twitter.com/Vikeologist/status/9...5109445632

This is what all the announcers would really like to say.  My son sent this to me; frickin' hilarious: https://streamable.com/69w5j#