Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brees, Cousins, Draft Pick Or Teddy To QB The Vikings In 2018
It wouldn't shock me to see Teddy back next year and I want a high draft pick on a QB too.   They could also go Teddy/Case/Sloter I suppose - depends on what they see from Sloter.

I haven't completely ruled Sam out yet, only because Zimmer thought he could possibly play sometime yet this season.
Sam comes back healthy and we move deep into the playoffs. Then what do you do with Sam next year? Contract or no contract.

Quote: @Norse said:
I haven't completely ruled Sam out yet, only because Zimmer thought he could possibly play sometime yet this season.
Sam comes back healthy and we move deep into the playoffs. Then what do you do with Sam next year? Contract or no contract.
At this point with what we know on Sam I have to sAY he is done in Minny as a starting QB.  The reports of his issues don't paint a good picture for any type of sustained recovery so to give him any sort of long term deal of bog guaranteed money would be a horrible decision regardless of how he would play out this season.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
While Sloter did dominate 3rd and 4th stringers, I'm not sure he's really a legit option for 2018...especially with a team >< close...but, I could be wrong...maybe he goes into camp and blows everyone away...would be great if we heard A SINGLE PEEP ABOUT HOW HE'S DOING...
He stays on the team. Sam is going to IR. Next year, its Teddy, Case and Kyle. 2019 is when we will know about Kyle as a potential starter in this league. Crazy to think he was almost going to see the field vs Cleveland when Case was body slammed. 

Hopefully one of these games we can get a big enough lead to see him play the 4th quarter. Maybe vs Cincy, Vikings up 27-6, something like that

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
I like cousins and agree that he will likely get 25+ per year. ....but he isn't that level of a QB IMO.  I see him as more of second tier guy at around 22 to 23 per year and I certainly wouldn't do a 5 year deal with him.  He is a guy that can't carry a team and 25 + for five years better come with a big backpack.
Kirk Cousins will never win you a Super Bowl, but you can win a Super Bowl with him. He is that sort of guy, the thing is, we have two guys like that already. 

The ONLY other QB I would want the Vikes to go after is Brees

On paper? You put Drew Brees on this team in 2018 with a healthy Dalvin Cook? This D still in its prime? 

SB home-boy. 

I hate the notion of a "ringer"  sure it has worked,  but it's also had its failures and drawbacks.  I think a lot of our woes from the last 7 years are a result of going all in with Favre and while it was a fun ride I think most fans look back on it as another chapter of failure in our book of purple heart break.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
I hate the notion of a "ringer"  sure it has worked,  but it's also had its failures and drawbacks.  I think a lot of our woes from the last 7 years are a result of going all in with Favre and while it was a fun ride I think most fans look back on it as another chapter of failure in our book of purple heart break.
No it usually doesn't pan out like Hollywood would have it. But you do what you can to put yourself in the best position to win in a given year and hopefully many years. 

Not a fan of all in either, but how this team has been managed via the draft, FA etc. is vastly different than 09/10. If it comes down to either Brees or Cousins, things went badly for #5. That would be a shame too. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:
No it usually doesn't pan out like Hollywood would have it. But you do what you can to put yourself in the best position to win in a given year and hopefully many years. 

Not a fan of all in either, but how this team has been managed via the draft, FA etc. is vastly different than 09/10. If it comes down to either Brees or Cousins, things went badly for #5. That would be a shame too. 

I would take the win and cheer all the way,  don't get me wrong,  but I think winning a SB with somebody else's QB would feel hollow after all the years of being a fan of this team and it's never endING search for that franchise QB that finally takes us to the promised land.

And I kinda despise brees for snubbing the Vikes when he left the chargers.

My thoughts are, let all three, Bridgewater, Bradford, and Keenum all go IF you can sign Drew Brees.  I say go after Brees hard for 2 years.  Put him on this team now and we are a serious contender.  Meanwhile in the 2018 draft get your QB of the future.  Whatever that takes.  I like Mason Rudolph from Oklahoma State.  You have Sloter as a backup if needed, put Rudolph as 3rd QB for two years and then in 2020 you hopefully have your starting QB for the next 10 years.

All of this is if Madden Rules apply and Brees will just sign here.  If you can't sign Brees, all bets are off.  I imagine an Alex Smith or a few others would work, but I am not sure you could get an Alex Smith for 2 or 3 years.  I wouldn't want to sign a QB for longer then that.