Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Benjamin To The Bills
Kelvin Benjamin - WR - Bills Bills acquired WR Kelvin Benjamin from the Panthers in exchange for 2018 third- and seventh-round picks.

So Rhodes takes Funchess (really?) and Waynes takes ummm .... wait don't tell me ... Ginn? ... no that's not right .... McCaffrey? ... isn't he a running back?  Ok, I give up.

I guess Cam will just throw the ball to himself. So Waynes takes Cam. There.

Isn't Benjamin the guy who said he purposely ran slow so Carolina would draft him?

Wow, don't remember a year with so many big trades happening right at the deadline. 

Viewership is plunging.  Make more trades, create interest.  

Quote: @dadevike said:
So Rhodes takes Funchess (really?) and Waynes takes ummm .... wait don't tell me ... Ginn? ... no that's not right .... McCaffrey? ... isn't he a running back?  Ok, I give up.

Well, Ginn is in N.O. so that'd be a tough throw for Cam...but yeah, I guess they'll line Samuel up out wide more...

Bills didn't give up a lot for a pretty good WR...

Quote: @dadevike said:

They do have Bucky Hodges on their PS - maybe he'll be replacing Benjamin.

Panthers are 5-3; why are they selling? Was Benjamin mad? Panthers picked up his 5th year so under contract reasonably through next year, and already has 32 catches this year. As BarrNone noted, pretty good player for a 3rd round pick, certainly more appealing than Josh Gordon IMO.

Quote: @Jor-El said:
@dadevike said:

They do have Bucky Hodges on their PS - maybe he'll be replacing Benjamin.

Panthers are 5-3; why are they selling? Was Benjamin mad? Panthers picked up his 5th year so under contract reasonably through next year, and already has 32 catches this year. As BarrNone noted, pretty good player for a 3rd round pick, certainly more appealing than Josh Gordon IMO.

I think they just cut Hodges. ... Don't understand the trade from Carolina's perspective. They cannot be throwing in the towel yet. But whatever. Should make them easier (not easy) to beat when we play them. Maybe they could trade Keuckly (sp?) to us.

Oh, if we're dreaming about the Panthers' roster, I'll take Kawann Short...imagine him between Joseph and Griffen. Not sure we could handle his contract, but...dreaming anyway. (Should have picked him instead of Sharrif Floyd in hindsight.)