Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Report: Bridgewater could play in Week 10
The Minnesota Vikings could get Teddy Bridgewater back under center after the bye week according to NFL Network’s Ian Rapaport.
“The expectation now is Teddy Bridgewater is healthy enough to return to the team and on the field after the bye [week],” Rapoport reported Sunday on NFL GameDay Kickoff. “If that happens, expect him to be activated off the [physically unable to perform] list and then compete for the starting job. This is a player they consider to be their franchise quarterback. I would not be surprised, based on what I know, that he’s under center soon.”
The Vikings have one week remaining in the 21-day window to activate Bridgewater from the Physically Unable to Perform list.

Rapaport is also reporting that things aren’t looking good for a Sam Bradford return.
“It doesn’t sound like Sam Bradford will be ready soon,” Rapoport said. “They do have the bye week coming up, but Bradford did not practice this past week. Last I checked in, he was still dealing with some knee pain that kept him off the field for most of this season. There is, at this point, no timeline for his return.”

With Teddy, we have the opportunity to turn many of these FGs into TDs. Imagine the last 3 games, swap out a FG for a TD in each and tell me how you feel abou this offense. 

5 is coming back and he is going to be the guy we expected him to be last year. We need a guy who can start the game off scoring, and when it gets tough on the road, is Great Under Major Pressure

Quote: @Skodin said:
With Teddy, we have the opportunity to turn many of these FGs into TDs. Imagine the last 3 games, swap out a FG for a TD in each and tell me how you feel abou this offense. 

5 is coming back and he is going to be the guy we expected him to be last year. We need a guy who can start the game off scoring, and when it gets tough on the road, is Great Under Major Pressure
The offense struggled to score Touchdowns under Teddy as well. Different offense, and different coordinator, but we have had difficulty scoring offensive TD's under Zimmer. Hopefully, Shurmur's offense will be a good fit for Teddy. He will need to be mobile in the pocket, and buy some time with his legs to get outside and extend plays. If he can do that, we could be dangerous down the stretch.  

I'm a huge Teddy fan, but let's not get ahead of ourselves, Skodin...

Healthy Teddy with the Oline we currently have would be fun to watch.  Hope it happens.

With Bradford out, if Bridgewater is healthy I'd love to see him back in this system, this surround and Shurmur @ OC. Only thing missing is #33 Sad 

I'm all for Teddy returning to the game if he is ready but before Keenan takes his seat and starts holding a clip board again I must say that he really impresses me for his ability to stand tall in the pocket.
It absolutely amazes me how he keeps is eyes down field with the pocket collapsing and bodies falling all around and then out of the mass of humanity he fires the ball down field and gets us a first down.  He did it again today in the game.  There was someone slapping at the ball from behind him, he moved up into the pocket, and out came a bullet. 
If he doesn't have someone down field he seems to sense exactly when to run.  He is a real competitor and doesn't have happy feet.

I hope they can have Teddy under contract next year(and foreseeable future if things go well) and have Case back.  I'd feel pretty good going into next year with Teddy, Case, Kyle, a recovered Cook, and a Lombardi....

Quote: @TBro said:
@Skodin said:

The offense struggled to score Touchdowns under Teddy as well. Different offense, and different coordinator, but we have had difficulty scoring offensive TD's under Zimmer. Hopefully, Shurmur's offense will be a good fit for Teddy. He will need to be mobile in the pocket, and buy some time with his legs to get outside and extend plays. If he can do that, we could be dangerous down the stretch.  
My thoughts as well.  I still think a lot of people are thinking he's going to come back the quarterback he was expected to be last year.  That is one of which that would take a big stride in development and performance.  Of course we didn't get to see if he could do that.  Memories seem to have faded regarding his question marks, that he too sailed and floated some balls, missed open receivers with his eyes and ball, and wasn't real accurate deep.  The team led the league in '15 in redzone field goal attempts due to the inability to finish drives.  We can say this year's team is better than the last couple but the fans shouldn't automatically believe Teddy will create an elite passing attack.  There isn't any proof of that.  Hope is good, but that's all it is still at this point.

A lot will depend on Teddy's mobility or at least ability to evade pressure in the pocket. As our line got banged up, Keenum has really had to use his legs to avoid getting hit, and I think it is fair to assume that Teddy won't be able to move around the pocket as well as he did prior to the injury. I do think that our current OL is much better and he has a better arsenal of skill players than he's had in the past. I also think that there were issues with Turner's offense that hurt Teddy like the 5-7 step drops, heavy protection schemes limiting options downfield and still getting beat by 4-man rushes, and use of heavy of run formations for Peterson that telegraphed the offense. What we are running now under Shurmur seems like the offense Teddy should have been in all along, but we won't know how well it will suit him and what throws he can make until we see him in the offense.

There is more certainty with Bradford, since we've seen him operate at a high level in this offense, but it feels like he won't be back anytime soon. So it will be Case or Teddy for the next few games.