Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Couple Day 2 Guys...@ 64 or 96
Lowell Lotulelei - DL - Utes
An AFC director of area scouting told NFL.com's Lance Zierlein that Utah junior DL Lowell Lotulei has seen his stock drop this year.
Lotulelei (6'2/320) started the year as one of the top defensive tackles in the class, but that stock has taken a big hit in 2017. "I was high on him before the year started but he was a major disappointment," the director said. "He knew this was his year to play well and make money but he did nothing to get rid of all that excess weight and his tape wasn't very good." Zierlein echoed those sentiments and then some, going as far as to say that major disappointment was an understatement. There's just one more chance for Lotulelei to improve his tape at Utah, but a because of his size, a strong showing at showcases along with his lineage (his brother, Star, has shown flashes of dominance in the NFL), he has a chance to still be a top-three round selection.
Source: NFL.com Nov 30 - 9:08 PM
An AFC area scout tells NFL.com draft analyst Lance Zierlein that Georgia senior RB Sony Michel will be better as a pro than in college.
"I'm Team Sony all the way," the scout told Zierlein. He will have a better pro career than college career because he has a pro game to him. I bet he goes second (round)." Zierlein agrees with the scout's assessment, mentioning his decisiveness, physicality and an explosive burst. One of the truly interesting stories this spring will be to see where Michel and his teammate Nick Chubb will go in the 2018 draft. Both should be off the board by the end of round two.
Source: NFL.com

I like Sony Michel and agree he will be a better NFL player. He was a highly rated kid coming into Georgia himself and has played second fiddle to Chubb, but when given the opportunity has produced. Another kid that I love who has really gotten overlooked this year because his team isn't very good is Royce Freeman. He has put up another huge season and is really the total package as far as size, vision, cutting ability, and being a 3 down player. He is never even mentioned as a potential 1st round player...which I think is crazy.

The Vikings are going to have a RB need next season because I think they lose McKinnon to free agency. Murray should be back on the team option, but Cook might not be ready until opening day next season. Taking a RB in the 2nd or 3rd round in this draft might be a smart play.

if we take a RB i am hoping its in the middle rounds and I am hoping its a little more thunder to our existing crop of lightning in McKinnon and Cook.

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
I like Sony Michel and agree he will be a better NFL player. He was a highly rated kid coming into Georgia himself and has played second fiddle to Chubb, but when given the opportunity has produced. Another kid that I love who has really gotten overlooked this year because his team isn't very good is Royce Freeman. He has put up another huge season and is really the total package as far as size, vision, cutting ability, and being a 3 down player. He is never even mentioned as a potential 1st round player...which I think is crazy.

The Vikings are going to have a RB need next season because I think they lose McKinnon to free agency. Murray should be back on the team option, but Cook might not be ready until opening day next season. Taking a RB in the 2nd or 3rd round in this draft might be a smart play.
I watched several of Freeman's tapes last year...definitely thought he was at least an early Day 2 guy...might be a bit of a straight line guy...kinda in the same vein as Murray...

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
if we take a RB i am hoping its in the middle rounds and I am hoping its a little more thunder to our existing crop of lightning in McKinnon and Cook.
There is usually talent at the RB position in the middle rounds. I don't think our need at RB is such as would require a second round pick. I don't really care if it big guy or a speedy, quick guy. Not so sure we will lose Jet. If the FA money is not there for him, I would like to have him back.