Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WR Martavis Bryant anyone?
Josina Anderson‏Verified account @JosinaAnderson  5m5 minutes ago
More
Bryant to me on deadline for progress: "By the end of whenever t/ trade deadline is. I mean if things don’t get better, then I got to go."
25 years old.....6'5", 211 lbs....

Josina Anderson‏Verified account @JosinaAnderson  4m4 minutes ago
More
Martavis Bryant to me/if team refuses to trade: "Then so be it, I’m not going to re-sign..I’ll just play next year out. I’m not tripping."

He is one puff away from an indefinite suspension.
Who do you cut to make room for him? I guess one of the rookie WRs. And then who do you cut when Teddy comes back?
Case does not have the arm to reach him. Does Teddy? Sam does, but is he still in the plans. Sloter?
We are a "spread-it-around" offense. Will he get many more looks here than he does in Pittsburgh? If not, he will certainly complain and become a distraction.
With his attitude, does he fit in our locker room?
Maybe for a 7th but probably not at all.

Quote: @dadevike said:
He is one puff away from an indefinite suspension.
Who do you cut to make room for him? I guess one of the rookie WRs. And then who do you cut when Teddy comes back?
Case does not have the arm to reach him. Does Teddy? Sam does, but is he still in the plans. Sloter?
We are a "spread-it-around" offense. Will he get many more looks here than he does in Pittsburgh? If not, he will certainly complain and become a distraction.
With his attitude, does he fit in our locker room?
Maybe for a 7th but probably not at all.
I just threw it out there as topical: I think the odds are low he leaves the Steelers. He's talented and they'll work it out. 

I have him in two fantasy leagues...

WK OPP REC   YDS   TD    PTS
1@Cle   2  14   0    2
2Min   3  91   1 16.5
3@Chi   2  30   0  4
4@Bal   3  48   0  5.5
5Jax   5  21   0  5.5
6@KC   2  27   0  3
7Cin   1    3   0  0.5
When he had his big game against the Vikes I thought, "here we go!" Yeah, about that...
I don't know if Rapelesberger doesn't trust him or what, but he's certainly under-used in supposedly an explosive offense.

NO.

No way. Sure, he is an athletic talent, but he's always got some issue going on. Did you see the message he put out about teammate Juju Smith-Schuster? “Juju is no where near better than me fool all they need to do is give me what I want and y’all can have juju and who ever else.” I think that answers the question of whether he would fit in the locker room.

Also, we already have Michael Floyd on the roster. The two are similar high risk/reward projects, and I see Floyd as having much better chances for success on the Vikings due to having other players he knows (Rudolph and Smith) and family in this area. Floyd hasn't been especially impressive yet, but he also hasn't shown any sign of being a prima dona.

nope, but thats only because we are currently pretty set at the position and we dont have a good track record with disgruntled speedsters from Pittsburgh.

Quote: @Jor-El said:
No way. Sure, he is an athletic talent, but he's always got some issue going on. Did you see the message he put out about teammate Juju Smith-Schuster? “Juju is no where near better than me fool all they need to do is give me what I want and y’all can have juju and who ever else.” I think that answers the question of whether he would fit in the locker room.

Also, we already have Michael Floyd on the roster. The two are similar high risk/reward projects, and I see Floyd as having much better chances for success on the Vikings due to having other players he knows (Rudolph and Smith) and family in this area. Floyd hasn't been especially impressive yet, but he also hasn't shown any sign of being a prima dona.
I agree, I don't want to start filling up the roster with malcontents.  We seem to have really good chemistry on the team right now and a lot of guys who are all about the team and have bought in.

Why mess with the chemistry of the team, especially for someone that is athletically gifted but seems to be a head case.