Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB Kyle Sloter confident would ‘have a job’ if waived by Vikings
Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I have a feeling Bradford is going to IR and we wont have 4 qb's on the active roster. Would be sad if that happened cause I still think he's our best chance for post-season. 

And yah, I want to see what this Sloter kid can do here growing up in one system. 

Wouldn't that be a refreshing change of pace @ QB for our fair franchise? 
That is my thought as well.  Bradford either recovers or goes on IR.  If he is healthy post bye, we have a good dilemma.  If not, he is gone.

Quote: @medaille said:
I'd easily dump Rodney Adams before Sloter.  You could easily replace him with a street player if WR depth becomes an issue.  We're not keeping both Bridgewater and Bradford next year and Keenum's not a guarantee.  Maybe you draft a QB next year to develop, but perhaps Sloter could be that guy.  Keep that option open.

I would agree.  IF this Sloter kid is what most think he is, why draft another "project" in 2018?  Make a play for a quality free agent (Brees may be available?), keep Case and hopefully whatever current starting QB is healthy enough to take the field.   I love Sammy and TB, but who know where the medical saga will take either player by seasons end.

Quote: @minny65 said:
@SFVikingFan said:
@Jor-El said:
@purplefaithful said:
If the Vikings were to waive quarterback Kyle Sloter to create room on the roster for Teddy Bridgewater, the rookie is confident he would find a job
I’m not really too concerned day in and day out with my NFL future,’’ Sloter said of the possibility of being waived by Minnesota. “I think that I’ll have a job.”
Here is how I read Sloter's remarks: "If you waive me, I will be trying to sign elsewhere, not just waiting around to come to Vikings TC next summer." Bit of a warning.

I don't think it will be an issue. 4 HEALTHY quarterbacks on our roster at the same time? Ha, that'll be the day!! Anyway, as many others have said, we have 7 WRs, we could get along with 6, maybe even 5. 

I read his remarks the same way.  On one hand, I don't doubt that he's right, I think he would be picked up the second we cut him to try to put him on our practice squad.  On the other hand, they are kinda cocky remarks for an UDFA rookie.
I like cocky/confident at the QB position.  Sloter has now been practicing with Case, Sam and now Teddy.  He probably see's that he can play and is confident...me likeee!
Yeah, I definitely don't think an abundance of confidence is a bad thing at the QB position.  Just kind of an unusual statement that you don't hear out of UDFA rookies very often.

Quote: @Ralphie said:
@medaille said:
I'd easily dump Rodney Adams before Sloter.  You could easily replace him with a street player if WR depth becomes an issue.  We're not keeping both Bridgewater and Bradford next year and Keenum's not a guarantee.  Maybe you draft a QB next year to develop, but perhaps Sloter could be that guy.  Keep that option open.

I would agree.  IF this Sloter kid is what most think he is, why draft another "project" in 2018?  Make a play for a quality free agent (Brees may be available?), keep Case and hopefully whatever current starting QB is healthy enough to take the field.   I love Sammy and TB, but who knows where the medical saga will take either player by seasons end.

In my opinion, Sloter has athletic talent on par with Tannehill and Mariota.

His passing mechanics are also outstanding.  

There isn't much tape on the guy, but what is out there is very impressive.  He moves and throws on the run extremely well.  Don't laugh, but in those situations he looks like Rogers.

Tannehill was a former TE, and Sloter got pressed into WR duty in college.  I'm not sure if Tannehill played much QB before that, but Sloter did.

He may already be a better prospect than Geno Smith, Bret Hundley, Blake Bortles, Ryan Tannehill, and Jacoby Brissett.

I don't expect him to be exposed to other teams, unless its for a draft pick.  He is moldable clay and just needs the right system.
I think The Vikes stole one.

If Case jams a finger next week, we might actually get a glimpse of what he can do in live action.

Quote: @kahsmick said:
In my opinion, Sloter has athletic talent on par with Tannehill and Mariota.

His passing mechanics are also outstanding.  

There isn't much tape on the guy, but what is out there is very impressive.  He moves and throws on the run extremely well.  Don't laugh, but in those situations he looks like Rogers.

Tannehill was a former TE, and Sloter got pressed into WR duty in college.  I'm not sure if Tannehill played much QB before that, but Sloter did.

He may already be a better prospect than Geno Smith, Bret Hundley, Blake Bortles, Ryan Tannehill, and Jacoby Brissett.

I don't expect him to be exposed to other teams, unless its for a draft pick.  He is moldable clay and just needs the right system.
I think The Vikes stole one.

If Case jams a finger next week, we might actually get a glimpse of what he can do in live action.
I like the Tannehill comparison. 

I doubt they would put Bradford on IR.  IR is where you would put a season ending
injury, not your starting QB who has a week to week injury.  Even if it’s semi-serious, you still keep him
on the roster, in the odd case that we make the playoffs, Bridgewater goes
down, and whatever is wrong with his knee subsides enough to play competently
for a 3-4 game stretch.

I really believe the Sam to IR scenario is the one we see.  I would not be surprised if Sam's career is over.  Wear and tear on his knee ain't gonna get better and even it does temporarily, long term I doubt it.  Hopefully Teddy, Sloter and Keenum will be the QB's next year, unless Case wants too much $$$.

For those who haven't seen Sloter play:  

http://https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8LF2y7JOi0

Thanks for posting Pumpf!

Damn, I like what I see from that raw rook. SO GLAD he's on the roster.