Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB Kyle Sloter confident would ‘have a job’ if waived by Vikings
If the Vikings were to waive quarterback Kyle Sloter to create room on the roster for Teddy Bridgewater, the rookie is confident he would find a job
If the Vikings activate Bridgewater, they would need to create room on the 53-man roster. If they seek to waive Sloter to get him onto the practice squad, there is the risk of another team claiming his nonguaranteed $1.665 million contract. If Sloter is not let go, Minnesota could have four quarterbacks on the active roster, something quite rare in the NFL.

I’m not really too concerned day in and day out with my NFL future,’’ Sloter said of the possibility of being waived by Minnesota. “I think that I’ll have a job.”
Sloter wants to remain on the Vikings’ active roster.
“I feel like they like me here, so hopefully I’m going to be here and this is the place I’m going to be,’’ he said.

Sloter is the only Minnesota quarterback under contract now for next season. Bradford, Keenum and Bridgewater are at this point bound for free agency in March.

“That’s something that I knew coming in, but it’s not something I’m really concerned about because (the Vikings) make those decisions, and all I do is play football,’’ Sloter said.
http://www.twincities.com/2017/10/18/qb-...y-vikings/

Wow, so Sloter is the highest paid QB on the roster after this year.  Actually the only one paid.  We have a lot of CAP space if and when the QB situation unfolds with Sam/Teddy/Case.

Quote: @minny65 said:
Wow, so Sloter is the highest paid QB on the roster after this year.  Actually the only one paid.  We have a lot of CAP space if and when the QB situation unfolds with Sam/Teddy/Case.
Not really,  Sams deal was a bargain,  Teddy is still on a rookie contract,  and Case was pretty cheap as well being a 1 year back up type deal.  All totaled wouldn't likely get enough for 1 top tier QB contract.  We will have some room, but I'm betting we will be pretty tight with the other contracts we have coming due.

If the vikings want to I believe they can make Teddy's contract toll too.  There might be a fight but the language seems quite clear to me.

I'd carry 4 QBs before I'd waive Sloter. QBs are just way too valuable and we may have gotten lucky with this one. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
I'd carry 4 QBs before I'd waive Sloter. QBs are just way too valuable and we may have gotten lucky with this one. 

Didn't we kinda hear the same about Heineke though? I think Sloter is a very smart QB with some talent, but could he really be something special? I guess I haven't seen too much from him.

Quote: @Canthony said:
@MaroonBells said:

Didn't we kinda hear the same about Heineke though? I think Sloter is a very smart QB with some talent, but could he really be something special? I guess I haven't seen too much from him.
His potential is way, way higher than Heineke's ever was IMO.  That doesn't mean he'll reach it of course, but his arm talent alone puts Heineke to shame.

Quote: @Canthony said:
@MaroonBells said:

Heinicke was impressive in the preseason, but didn't come with the league-wide buzz that that Sloter has. Plus, he was limited physically. Sloter is a prototype. Hell, Sloter may do nothing in the NFL, but promising QBs are gold and worth much more to a team long term than a 6th receiver, 4th safety or 9th lineman. We have to find a way to protect him. 

I have a feeling Bradford is going to IR and we wont have 4 qb's on the active roster. Would be sad if that happened cause I still think he's our best chance for post-season. 

And yah, I want to see what this Sloter kid can do here growing up in one system. 

Wouldn't that be a refreshing change of pace @ QB for our fair franchise? 

Quote: @SFVikingFan said:
@Canthony said:
@MaroonBells said:

His potential is way, way higher than Heineke's ever was IMO.  That doesn't mean he'll reach it of course, but his arm talent alone puts Heineke to shame.

I knew his arm talent was there. I guess I never knew of the league wide buzz though