Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rodgers walked into A. Barr
Does anyone ever wonder why I always say fuck the packers and fuck their fans?

Made my sons Christmas jersey decision a lot easier

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@Vikergirl said:
I guess he was yelling at the defense.  What are they supposed to do, not tackle him. Screw that.
Once he's out of the pocket he's pretty much fair game...Barr could have held-up, but he also didnt slam him into ground like a DL probably would have.

Not going to call it dirty and neither did the ref's.

Pack fans are howling at the moon about it...

Hope Barr is ok soon. 
I talked to one of my buddies (Packer fan) after the game...  He was texting me crying for a flag on the hit.  I didn't respond.

Once I called him, he kept saying Barr didn't have to tackle him, he could have shoved him down...  hit was late... Etc.  I said watch it again live...  That type of play happens every game on every Sunday.  Then he pulled the "that shouldn't happen to QBs like Rodgers or Brady"...  At that point, I said listen to yourself and man up.  Ended the call.  Should be interesting to see what he says tomorrow when I see him at work.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@purplefaithful said:
@Vikergirl said:
I guess he was yelling at the defense.  What are they supposed to do, not tackle him. Screw that.
Once he's out of the pocket he's pretty much fair game...Barr could have held-up, but he also didnt slam him into ground like a DL probably would have.

Hope Barr is ok soon. 
I talked to one of my buddies (Packer fan) after the game...  He was texting me crying for a flag on the hit.  I didn't respond.

Once I called him, he kept saying Barr didn't have to tackle him, he could have shoved him down...  hit was late... Etc.  I said watch it again live...  That type of play happens every game on every Sunday.  Then he pulled the "that shouldn't happen to QBs like Rodgers or Brady"...  At that point, I said listen to yourself and man up.  Ended the call.  Should be interesting to see what he says tomorrow when I see him at work.
Like most of Wisconsin ...I am sure he will be calling in sick 

Have your friend watch the play full speed instead of slow motion.
was a bang, bang play.
no flag, just doing his job.

never remember this much Packer whining when Jared Allen used to F up Rodgers twice a year.

Compared to the hit on Hundley in the 4th quarter, Rodgers was lucky...Rodgers gets hit like that in the 4th and he's in a coma.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@purplefaithful said:
@Vikergirl said:

Hope Barr is ok soon. 

Lol. He didn't have to tackle him. It's tackle football not flag football. I can't wait to see what the Packer fans at work have to say. 

Some people behind me were annoyed that the Packers were trying to get a drive going towards the end. I said, well Hundley needs to get some reps, he is the quarterback for the rest of the season. A Packer fan nearby cringed. 

nobias09Bottom line. The hit may have been ruled legal but it was not necessary and what goes around comes around. One day Barr will get rolled up on and his season will end when somebody else was just trying to make a good play. at the end of the day the league is better with Rodgers in it. if Barr goes to injured reserve people will just be like who? Rodgers helps all the players make more money but Barr is irrelevant. Try to win the game but don't try to intentionally hurt players.
The players safety movement right now is a joke but the NFL will pay for it and so will no name hard hitting linebackers like Barr. Targeting, illegal hits will come with ejections, it's only a matter of time
This post has been edited 2 times, most recently by nobias09 2 hours ago

And when Clay goes all airborne to ride the player down---tat's just good football---ignorant sconnies

So I was at a bar. ( no a real one with bricks and booze)  tonight outside of. Charlotte and in walk some packer fans...of course I can't help myself so I walk over and ask them what they thought of the hit on rogers...of course ot was a cheap shot late hot 2, maybe 4 or 5 steps. .. yadda yadda yadda and so I tell them that it really doesn't bother me that they as fans feel that way,  but I think its pretty shitty that as knowlegable professional football person as mcarthy is that he was calling the play out.  Well of course they defend their coach and when I asked about his opinion on Matthews countless hits out of bounds,  late hits , high hits, low hits, etc...well they really had nothing to say.

Fuck em...

I lived in Wisconsin from 1972-2010...In that time I found ONE packer fan I could have an intelligent football conversation with...fuck em all...