Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stop Me If You've Heard This Before, Diggs Hurt
I am talking more of the problems that we are seeing league wide. Some people want to blame turf for the uptick in injuries. Some people want to blame lack of physical practices or short training camps. The facts are that the physics behind the game are creating situations that the human body isn't built for. Now whether or not this is Diggs issue I have no idea, I am more commenting on the concept that what we are asking people to do with their bodies is beyond normal. 

another bad pick by Rick he should be fired Smile

DNP yet again...

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
Look as long as we as fans are going to continually insist that these guys get bigger, and stronger, and faster and the game continue to be more and more violent and want to see the big hits you are going to see players get hurt frequently. You can hardly ask these guys to have the bodies that they have and ONLY go to the gym. On top of that ask them to put those bodies through the rigors of the game today and the human body just isn't made to withstand that type of force and punishment. 
Absolutely...But nobody is putting a gun to these guys heads and they are paid millions. I think you've gotten sensitized to the humaness of what these guys go through seeing em up close after games etc.

Thats not a criticism btw. 

We talk out both sides of our mouths.  "Oh he needs to play when he is hurt." vs "OMG WHY DID THEY START SAM WHEN HE IS HURT!?" I get it, players getting injured sucks.  I also see the trend with Diggs, but that is why he fell to the 5th round.  Teams, especially ours, need to be able to overcome a player coming down.  Timing sucks, but next man up.

http://m.vikings.com/news/article-1/Sam-...2f79a305b6

The complete Vikings Diggs report...

I find it funny that some fans called Sam a baby for missing games and not trying, then when he tries to play he is totally ineffective and is injury prone but when Diggs is in the same boat, the same people stick up for him and applaud his efforts 

Quote: @Sir Viking Bob VWO said:
I find it funny that some fans called Sam a baby for missing games and not trying, then when he tries to play he is totally ineffective and is injury prone but when Diggs is in the same boat, the same people stick up for him and applaud his efforts 
It's really only funny if it's the same people.  Not sure I saw anybody legitly calling him out,  maybe just some bull shit story,  but that's just the minny sports media...they don't count as fans....or in many cases as journalists.

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
I am talking more of the problems that we are seeing league wide. Some people want to blame turf for the uptick in injuries. Some people want to blame lack of physical practices or short training camps. The facts are that the physics behind the game are creating situations that the human body isn't built for. Now whether or not this is Diggs issue I have no idea, I am more commenting on the concept that what we are asking people to do with their bodies is beyond normal. 
Yep. Lots of injuries around the league. Same thing every year. Bigger, stronger men moving faster than they ever have in NFL history. Ligaments can't handle the extra stress and torque the game provides.

Going to have to look-up when Diggs' contract is up...Not an slam-dunk re-sign, least not at huge guaranteed $$$