Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stop Me If You've Heard This Before, Diggs Hurt
if this is more than a tweak, which is usually  good in a few days,  then shut him down for a few weeks for sure,  if he is feeling discomfort then keep him on the shelf.  if Case is our QB i think we are going to stumble along anyways so we might as well let Diggs get healthy along the way.  Time for Wright and Treadwell to make their case ( or at least showcase them for a trade before the deadline.)

Courtney Cronin‏Verified account @CourtneyRCronin  7m7 minutes ago
More
Stefon Diggs says the groin injury he sustained in Chicago isn't like the one he has now: "Last year was really bad. I feel pretty good."

Quote: @StickyBun said:
More
Stefon Diggs says the groin injury he sustained in Chicago isn't like the one he has now: "Last year was really bad. I feel pretty good."
Umm, what? The one he sustained in Chicago would be the one he has now?  Correct? 

Quote: @greediron said:
@StickyBun said:
More
Umm, what? The one he sustained in Chicago would be the one he has now?  Correct? 

i assume he is talking about the one he had last year vs the one he got 3 days ago.

I like our depth at WR more than RB.  Losing Cook left a big drop off in talent at the RB position.  Missing Diggs doesn't necessarily mean the team doesn't have any other decent options.   Arguably, Thielen is #1, and filling in for Diggs with a rotation of Floyd, Treadwell, and Wright should be ok.

Lets hope Diggsy shakes this off and gets back to his 'A' game soon.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:
@StickyBun said:
More

i assume he is talking about the one he had last year vs the one he got 3 days ago.
I wasn't questioning Diggs, but the quote is off. 

@StickyBun said:
More

Glad I'm not the only one that read it that way greed...LOL

@JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:
@StickyBun said:
More

I wasn't questioning Diggs, but the quote is off. 
yeah i got that part,  where did he injure his groin last year?  was it in chicago as well by chance?

Look as long as we as fans are going to continually insist that these guys get bigger, and stronger, and faster and the game continue to be more and more violent and want to see the big hits you are going to see players get hurt frequently. You can hardly ask these guys to have the bodies that they have and ONLY go to the gym. On top of that ask them to put those bodies through the rigors of the game today and the human body just isn't made to withstand that type of force and punishment. 

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
Look as long as we as fans are going to continually insist that these guys get bigger, and stronger, and faster and the game continue to be more and more violent and want to see the big hits you are going to see players get hurt frequently. You can hardly ask these guys to have the bodies that they have and ONLY go to the gym. On top of that ask them to put those bodies through the rigors of the game today and the human body just isn't made to withstand that type of force and punishment. 
That isn't it.  Guys get hurt, we understand that.  But when it happens every year after a few games and he is rendered ineffective trying to play through it, it is worth noting.  Issac Bruce was always in the trainers room with hamstrings until he started taking his stretching routine seriously.  Not saying that is what is happening here, but nobody is saying they only go to the gym.  Just that, damn wish this guy could stay healthy for our team.