Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Case His Makes A Case For Staying Put

Good read (other than the typos) Sounds like good chemistry between Keenum and Theilen.

man, after the QB drought we've had around here? Level-headed, nice kid. MN is a great place to raise a family, tremendous quality of life, excellent schooling.

Only thing that sucks is long winters and taxes...

“I love it here,” Keenum told PFT by phone after Sunday’s 38-30 win over Washington. “I love these guys. My wife and I love it here.”
While he may not love his current situation of starter with a temporary feel to it (given the return of Teddy Bridgewater to the active roster), Keenum worries only about what he can control.
“Every situation has prepared me for the next situation,” he said.

There are a few dozen threads about Case and the QB situation. So, since i appreciate BarrNone’s input on most of the stuff here, I’ll throw my 2 cents in on this thread.

I like Teddy as a person. I think he’s a stand up guy, and I think he was getting better as a QB before the injury last year.

Saying that, I also like Case and I like Bradford. I think they are not just good QB’s, but good people. They seem to stay out of trouble and seem to be team first guys. Zim saying how Bradford spent a lot of his own money to try and get back on the field speaks volumes.

Listening to Bridgewater and Adam Thielen speak about Case makes me think he’s a good guy and a team first guy too.

I think back to the ‘98 season and how Brad Johnson went down with an injury and Cunningham stepped in and basically chucked the ball downfield while everyone tried to figure out how to cover Randy Moss and he seemed to be a Godsend. It seemed finally the Vikings had found that guy.

Johnson was traded, ended up in Tampa and ended up winning a Super Bowl, then was brought back here at the end of his career. While Cunningham basically went into retirement the next season and the Vikings started their decades long journey to try and find a starter. 

Having said all that, I don’t know what the answer is. I think you have to try and keep Keenum and Bridgewater. I would have loved to have seen Bradford play a full season with this new line, but maybe him going down gave Keenum the chance he really needed.

Tough decisions are going to be made and it could be the right call and could be the wrong call. I just hope for once the Vikings get it right. 

I guess that was a lot to say, just to say I dont know what I’d do in this situation.