Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Too Much Purple Koolaid?
The win vs the Bucs was fun, and pretty dominant.  No one lie, the Case Keenum performance was surprising to all but his Mom.  

But, the win vs the Texans was dominant too last year, so let's not get ahead of ourselves.

If anyone thinks the Lions are predominantly the shitty Lions of the past 3 decades, look again.   Stafford is Pro Bowl level and can give fits, and the defense is adequate.   That does not mean that the Lions are a 12-4 team, but doesn't mean they are a 6-10 team either.   

I have never been a big Jim Caldwell fan, but his team does play for him, and I applaud him for how he accepted a defeat last week with a clock runoff that had to be hard to take - he has some class.

It is an NFL North contest, and rarely are those easy "W's"  I hope Keenum is the 369 QB, not the 167 yard QB we saw in Pittsburgh.  We all want the Vikings to win, but we beat a bad Saint team on a record night for our QB, lost to what looks like an average Pittsburgh team (could have been distracted by all the "will same play or won't he" talk).  How are the Bucs?  Hard to say.

Maybe we blow the doors off of the Lions, but until we do, this team has proven nothing other than when the defense plays well and the offensive line blocks decently, we can win, and sometimes dominate.  Let's see more from this sample size before we fire up the printing press for our playoff T-shirts.

These three weeks are critical. We must pull 2 of the 3, or were fudged 

mi tun ith pauple

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:

and it really needs to be the Lions and Packers.

Quote: @ThunderGod said:
@Vanguard83 said:

and it really needs to be the Lions and Packers.
I think we are going to have to run the table at home to be in serious playoff contention at years end.

Defensively it comes down to one thing. Pressure Stafford. Can't do that then you can't win this game no matter what you get out of Case. 

I would add Cook, Diggs, Thielen, Bradford and Keenum to that equation. We expect a lot from the defense because there is so much talent there. And the OL has shown signs of life which has helped our offensive weapons perform well. And to be fair to Keenum, everyone shit the bed in that game in Pittsburgh. Preparation time and lack of mental errors made the difference against Tampa Bay. I am enjoying what I am seeing so far. Only time will tell how it continues to play out. Winning on the road is going to be key. Winning in Chicago is way overdue. But the team is building and growing. Shurmur is making things happen. We'll see where we are at come the bye week.

I am a Viking fan.  It generally takes me about 5 games to know how good this team is. 

If we are 4-1 ... I suspect we are going all the way.  

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
Defensively it comes down to one thing. Pressure Stafford. Can't do that then you can't win this game no matter what you get out of Case. 
crazy to say this about stafford,  but IMO you need to contain him first and then squeeze him.  he has remade his body and his game with this new found mobility.

take it game by game but we are in position to win the next 3.

the two toughest games, are at home versus currently battered teams
the road game, is against the weakest team whom will be starting either a rookie QB or a QB who ia playing bad at best

just looking ahead, doing what this team should do.  we could be 5-1 with 3 wins upcoming, which with GB playing at Dal, at Min, vs NO, and Det.  that monday after the GB game the division could be

Vikings 5-1 (Det, Chi and GB)
Green Bay 3-3 (losses at Dallas, at Minnesota)
Detroit 4-2 (loss at Minn, with victories over Carolina, New Orleans)

the following 3 weeks:
Minneota, home versus Baltimore, at Cleveland in London, bye week
Detroit, home vs Pittsburgh, bye, road at Green Bay
Green Bay, home versus Saints, home versus detroit, bye week

my prediction after 8 games:
Vikings 7-1
Detroit 4-4
Green Bay 5-3