Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL commissioner, players' union angrily denounce Trump
SOMERSET, N.J. - (AP) -- The National Football League and its players' union on Saturday angrily denounced President Donald Trump for suggesting that owners fire players who kneel during the national anthem and that fans consider walking out in protest "when somebody disrespects our flag."
"Divisive comments like these demonstrate an unfortunate lack of respect for the NFL, our great game and all of our players," the league commissioner, Roger Goodell, said in a statement.
http://www.newsday.com/news/region-state...1.14254304

Trump kept up his foray into the sports world on Saturday, when he responded to comments by Stephen Curry of the Golden State Warriors, who has made it clear that he's not interested in a traditional White House trip for the NBA champions
"Going to the White House is considered a great honor for a championship team. Stephen Curry is hesitating, therefore invitation is withdrawn!" Trump tweeted while spending the weekend at his golf club in New Jersey.
It was not immediately clear whether Trump was rescinding the invitation for Curry or the entire team.

I love this country, consider myself a patriot...But damn, I just am not aligned with the dude in the White House on this especially. 

Not surprising.  Maybe they'll sacrifice a white police officer or two during the super bowl just to show solidarity with the social justice crowd.

Quote: @IDVikingfan said:
Not surprising.  Maybe they'll sacrifice a white police officer or two during the super bowl just to show solidarity with the social justice crowd.
Well,

It is in MN, the California of the midwest Wink

'Tell That Son of a B**** He's Fired': Trump Blasts NFL Anthem Kneelers President Trump railed against National Football League players who have knelt during the national anthem.
Trump said that he and Sen. Luther Strange (R-Ala.), who he was stumping for in Huntsville, are "unified" by "great American values."
"We're proud of our country and we're proud of our flag," he said.
He said players who disrespect the flag and kneel for the national anthem should be ejected from the stadium and cut from the team.
"Wouldn't you love to see one of these NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, to say 'get that son of a b**** off the field right now - he's fired,'" Trump said.

NFL's Goodell says Trump's comments about league, players show 'lack of respect'http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/09/23/nfls-goodell-says-trumps-comments-about-league-players-show-lack-respect.html

I think all coaches should follow Bud Grant's strategy.  Have the team practice standing single file and at attention during the anthem.  Show some respect to flag and our country.  If the NFL wants to become a siren for social justice, then fine, who needs em.  I'll watch college football.  Better ticket deal anyway and more readily available.

Protest hitting baseball now. His dad was a soldier and he was born on a base.

A’s Bruce Maxwell just took a knee during anthem. He is the first in #MLB to do it. @sfchronicle @SFGate #baseball #Oakland #athletics https://t.co/xJMeAskC4z

He rescinded the invite because he was mad at Steph Curry's comments. But it came after Steph said he wasn't going to the White House.