Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could have had a franchise QB
Pro Football Focus‏Verified account @PFF  5m5 minutes ago
More
Derek Carr is showing no signs of struggling early in 2017 after his season ending injury last year
[Image: DJ_7820UEAUFVVz.jpg]
0 replies0 retweets2 likes

Ugh

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Ugh
Yep, Carr is a beast. A leader with a big time arm. Sitting right there for the taking. Sigh.

6 months before the 2014 draft, Bridgewater was being discussed as a potential #1 overall pick. That's a huge attraction to Rick Spielman - he loves drafting guys who were "supposed" to go earlier according to Kiper and the drafting: Sharrif Floyd, TJ Clemmings, Mac Alexander, Dalvin Cook, Bridgewater. Not saying these are all bad, but he loves to hear he got a "steal".

I was channel surfing and came across the post game interview with Carr. Couldnt help but thinking how things might have been different. 

Then again, if TEddy's leg doesnt fall off? We might not be lamenting it so hard. Maybe Teddy has a PB season last year?

I cant blame the Vikings on this one. Teddy's ascension seemed pretty good - even with much less of a surround than Carr has. 

Now I will blame the football gods for smiting the Vikings - that is a finger worth pointing. As snakebit a franchise as there is...

I had seen Carr several times in his Fresno State career. I was a HUGE Carr fan. Kid comes from a great family, and had an electric arm. I've seen him play in weather, and the ball cuts through wind, and rain no problem.

He is actually one of the major reasons I left PT (LOL), because a certain troll over there couldn't have a civil discussion on Carr.

The USC bowl game kept getting thrown around as evidence of how bad he was against "real" competition (with that poster not acknowledging the vast difference in talent and recruitment USC has over Fresno State...). I'm not a huge draft guy, but this is one pick I'm happy to say I nailed! 

Patterson had 43 yard TD for them yesterday. 

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
Patterson had 43 yard TD for them yesterday. 
Of course. Sigh. 

Quote: @Jor-El said:
6 months before the 2014 draft, Bridgewater was being discussed as a potential #1 overall pick. That's a huge attraction to Rick Spielman - he loves drafting guys who were "supposed" to go earlier according to Kiper and the drafting: Sharrif Floyd, TJ Clemmings, Mac Alexander, Dalvin Cook, Bridgewater. Not saying these are all bad, but he loves to hear he got a "steal".
Carr was my guy, but the Teddy pick was a great pick.  The coulda woulda shoulda means nothing.

could have had Aaron Rogers or Tom Brady, ... but we didnt,  could have had Aaron Donald....but we didnt,  could have had damn near every player in the league....but we dont.  Looking in the past and saying we could have had "X" is a fairly one sided way to look at things.... look at all the "locks that turned out to be busts that we could have taken as well but we didnt.