Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zulgad: No more excuses: Vikings have put Sam Bradford in position to succeed
The circumstances could not have been more difficult for Sam Bradford a year ago. Unhappy in Philadelphia, and destined to fall behind first-round pick Carson Wentz on the depth chart, Bradford was dealt to Minnesota eight days before the regular season after Teddy Bridgewater suffered a catastrophic knee injury.
While Bradford was granted his wish to be the unquestioned starter, he also had to learn a new offense in a matter of days. He did not play in the opener in Tennessee in an attempt to give him more time to absorb the Vikings’ scheme.
A year later, things could not be more different for Bradford.
Because of that the 29-year-old finds himself entering a career-defining season in which we will learn whether the top-overall pick in the 2010 draft  is destined to be considered a game manager or whether circumstances and misfortune held him back during his time with the St. Louis Rams and Eagles.
To put it simply: Bradford has never had it as good as he will this season.
This is not to say that everything is perfect, but any NFL quarterback who expects his surroundings to be perfect likely has found another line of work by now. 
The Vikings have bent over backwards to put Bradford in a position to succeed...
http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2017/0...situation/

no offense to the OP but i hate articles that are nothing but a regrind of everything thing to this point and then make their statement which was in the title.  They always seem to be nothing but a history lesson of everything have read for months.

By the way, i dont think Bradford is one who makes excuses. At least for his own play.  

If you want excuses look in the dictionary under "Hillary"

...and coaching and scheme have no bearing on the success of a team? Who thinks that the West Coast Offense is effective in today's league? Unless there is a lot of major twists to the WCO, I'd say defensive coords. have had that show figured out for over a decade. How would Tom Brady have fared in Cleveland for the last 15 yrs.? Such a dumb, and lazy article.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:. ...The Vikings have bent over backwards to put Bradford in a position to succeed...
I don't think the Vikings bent over backwards for Bradford, the changes made were required regardless of who played QB. 

Zulgad's employers, no more excuses, replace this tool!  Wink 

Quote: @Kentis said:
You're on fire today Kentis lol! 

Quote: @Kentis said:
Yeah, that whole article was Zulgad constructing a big straw man so he could tear it down. Ridiculous. 

I think I'll keep to my practice of ignoring Zulgad's attempts at journalism completely.  Thanks to the posts above I know I'm making the right decision.