Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Under the microscope: Saints will test Anthony Barr’s improvement
When the 2016 season began, there was a consensus around the NFL that Minnesota Vikings linebacker Anthony Barr was among the best at his position and one of the most exciting young defensive players in the league. But a down year pushed Barr and Mike Zimmer to search for answers this offseason.
http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2017/0...provement/

Barr hasn't been very aggressive in shedding blocks. I thought that was his greatest weakness, but it appears he isn't very good at coverage either. What he is good at is blitzing, and Zimmer seemed to call his number on blitzes a bit less last year. I hope he lets him go a bit more this season.

Barr is going to be a key to this game IMO, if he doesnt shine tomorrow night we lose, and I think we will lose badly.

I expect that we will be in nickle about 70% of the game and he will have to be coming down hill and getting off blocks in the run game or they will destroy us on the ground.

Sure Barr needs to have a good game, a great season. But when you are going up against Brees and an offense this diversified? Everyone better bring their A game. Frankly, Mac Alex is who gives me the greatest pause. 

Oh and Waynes...