Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scoggins: Vikings' Spielman is low on chips in high-stakes roster game
Quote: @njvike said:
@comet52 said:
@njvike said:
My question is : Why WOULDN'T Ricky FINALLY be on the hot seat?

This is his 12th season in Winter Park. He has ALWAYS been in charge of both College and Professional Scouting departments, and with the title of VICE PRESIDENT OF PLAYER PERSONNEL, I'm guessing he had some input into MOST, if not all, personnel decisions. Call me crazy for coming to that wacky conclusion.

1 playoff win since 2006 is just unacceptable, especially when I keep hearing about what a "winning" organization the Vikings are!! LMAO! They've been the epitome of mediocre this century!

I see that fans defend Saint Richard by focusing on individual draft picks or trades, but ALWAYS overlook the most important statistic.....WINNING. 

The vast majority of successful teams have one thing in common : The TEAM exceeds the sum of it's parts. It doesn't matter how many Pro Bowlers you draft or how young/old the roster is. If you don't WIN, it means Jack Schitt. 

Hopefully the Wilf's are seeing through his bullshit and will start focusing on his incredible lack of success. No more excuses this year. A deep playoff run or Ricky Gotta Go!!!!

11 years, ONE playoff win. That sucks, end of story.
Putting aside the monotony of your endless one note piano posts about RS, who do you think hired him in the first place and have kept him around for 12 years?   This notion that the Wilfs are football guys and they just need to "see through Rick's b.s." is LAUGHABLE.   They are the idiots who hired Foley, hired Childress without so much as interviewing another candidate, and then did the same with Les Frazier, and only after 7 years of futility (not including one year of rent-a-Favre which was essentially effed up by their hand picked coach Chili) did they decide to ditch the triangle of stupidity and actually put RS in charge of football operations.  

Whether you like him as some do, or have some obsessive hatred of him as you do, doesn't really matter, because if your wish that he be gone comes true after this season, you'd better hope that idiot Zygmunt somehow has learned after 12 years of ownership to hire someone better.   I don't see it.  Be careful what you wish for, you might someone a whole lot worse.   And if one playoff win in 12 years is the most important criteria, then why have the brilliant Wilfs you are so confident in sat on their hands for 12 years putting up with that?   Maybe the truth is they are mediocre owners and you'll just be crying about the next g.m. they hire after he's failed to make improvements over time.  
Lol! Piss off you little weenie.

Once again you Ricky fluffers side step his LOSING record.

Spin it any way you want, Schpielman is a documented LOSER. As the Wilf's idol, Bill Parcells, says, " You are what your record says you are"

And in Dicky's case, the record proves he's a loser.

But you Rychophants keep desperately trying to defend him! It's actually become comical....please keep it up, because YOUR one note "Ode to Saint Richard" should be coming to an end following a patented Schpielman Special, aka a .500 season with ZERO playoff wins.

Nighty Nite, Slappy. 
I believe Rick's record as GM is

41-38-1 once he got full control

And since Zimmer it's

26-22.

That's all you can really state.   Anything before 2012 is not solely on Rick.

Quote: @TBro said:
Despite the concerns several of us have regarding our defense, it's good enough to win games. If we can't figure out how to start scoring points with the other elite teams in the NFC it won't matter. After the bye week, we averaged 18.9 points per game for the rest of the season which only produced 3 wins. If you throw out the 38 points we scored against the Bears in the last game of the year that was completely meaningless, that average drops down to 17 points per game. That isn't enough to win in this league even with an elite defense. I've seen nothing out of Shurmur that would indicate those scoring averages are going to change. Even Zimmer spoke out about it this preseason that he is frustrated with our lack of scoring. He knows his butt is on the line and his pathetic offense with Shurmur at the helm is just as bad or worse than Turner's. 
I think before we start to bag on Shurmur' s offense, he should be allowed a couple games running his offense and not Turner' s...

Quote: @Bolstad79 said:
@jargomcfargo said:
Despite all their rhetoric about winning is everything, NFL teams don't need to win to make boatloads of money. Franchises like the Browns, Rams, and several others slip into perpetual mediocrity  and their owners continue to thrive. The Vikings are beginning to fall into that category it seems.
The Wilf's have made a lot of money. I think they are happy. Sure they would love to win it all, but if they don't, life is good.
These  guys are all ready loaded, and make most their money outside the NFL, if you don't think they want to win your mistaken.
In my experience, owners' commitment to winning waxes and wanes: new owners are excited to win, but often lose interest - look at how active Dan Snyder was the first few years he owned the Redskins; not so much now. But EVERY franchise in the NFL is such an attractive investment - winner or loser - that owners have little motivation to sell their team when tired of playing with the toy.

Some owners probably enjoy the fame as much as winning. How many people knew who Zygi Wilf was before he bought the Vikings? Far fewer, but now he appears on TV (if briefly) a dozen times every year and this entire state knows him. How many of us would know who Jerry Jones or Robert Kraft were? It's a very exclusive club of egos, and they all get about 95% of the same treatment whether they win or lose.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@TBro said:
Despite the concerns several of us have regarding our defense, it's good enough to win games. If we can't figure out how to start scoring points with the other elite teams in the NFC it won't matter. After the bye week, we averaged 18.9 points per game for the rest of the season which only produced 3 wins. If you throw out the 38 points we scored against the Bears in the last game of the year that was completely meaningless, that average drops down to 17 points per game. That isn't enough to win in this league even with an elite defense. I've seen nothing out of Shurmur that would indicate those scoring averages are going to change. Even Zimmer spoke out about it this preseason that he is frustrated with our lack of scoring. He knows his butt is on the line and his pathetic offense with Shurmur at the helm is just as bad or worse than Turner's. 
I think before we start to bag on Shurmur' s offense, he should be allowed a couple games running his offense and not Turner' s...
That's part of my point I was trying to make. We did see the West Coast Style of offense that Shurmur runs as the year wore on after Norv left.  Part of that was his philosophy, and the other part was out of necessity since Sam had to unload the ball so early to prevent getting steamrolled on every passing play. What we saw last year with all of the underneath routes is the same stuff we have seen so far this preseason. I hope we can flip the switch and show opposing defenses a entirely new offense they haven't seen before, but it looks identical to how we finished up last season. Maybe it isn't the system and that we just need better players to execute what Shurmur wants to do. I guess we will see soon enough but I'm still waiting to be impressed with Shurmur's playcalling and schemes. 

Quote: @Bolstad79 said:
@jargomcfargo said:
Despite all their rhetoric about winning is everything, NFL teams don't need to win to make boatloads of money. Franchises like the Browns, Rams, and several others slip into perpetual mediocrity  and their owners continue to thrive. The Vikings are beginning to fall into that category it seems.
The Wilf's have made a lot of money. I think they are happy. Sure they would love to win it all, but if they don't, life is good.
These  guys are all ready loaded, and make most their money outside the NFL, if you don't think they want to win your mistaken.
I didn't say they don't want to win; I'm sure they would. I'm saying they don't need to win to be successful. The Wilfs and other owners may have been wealthy prior to owning NFL franchises but their net worth significantly increased since; at least that's the case with the Wilfs.
I would venture to guess the fans are far more distraught than ownership when they have a bad season.
I agree ownership wants to win. I'm not sure it matters that much if they don't.

Quote: @jargomcfargo said:
@Bolstad79 said:
@jargomcfargo said:
I didn't say they don't want to win; I'm sure they would. I'm saying they don't need to win to be successful. The Wilfs and other owners may have been wealthy prior to owning NFL franchises but their net worth significantly increased since; at least that's the case with the Wilfs.
I would venture to guess the fans are far more distraught than ownership when they have a bad season.
I agree ownership wants to win. I'm not sure it matters that much if they don't.
rich boys have rich toys... just like race horses, yachts, or any other elite status symbol the NFL is just rich boys ways of competing... and you better bet they want to win.   they had shit loads of money before investing in the NFL,  otherwise they wouldnt have been allowed to buy a team... this is about competing and beating the other rich guys more than it is about money.  ( and part of a teams value is attributed to its success,  another reason for them to push for success.)  we saw what greedy, money driven ownership looked like in mccombs,  the Wilfs have shown from day one that they are more concerned about rebuilding this franchise than their immediate bottom dollar.  

If their primary concern was $$$$$,  the team would be for sale right now as I dont think these franchise values will continue to rise much more,  the true fans are becoming less interested as the product is oversaturated and the fans are getting priced out,  add into that the mental health issues and the game cant continue as is.

Yeah, I think you are probably right. They want to win.

Quote: @twgerber said:
@njvike said:
@comet52 said:
@njvike said:

This is his 12th season in Winter Park. He has ALWAYS been in charge of both College and Professional Scouting departments, and with the title of VICE PRESIDENT OF PLAYER PERSONNEL, I'm guessing he had some input into MOST, if not all, personnel decisions. Call me crazy for coming to that wacky conclusion.

1 playoff win since 2006 is just unacceptable, especially when I keep hearing about what a "winning" organization the Vikings are!! LMAO! They've been the epitome of mediocre this century!

I see that fans defend Saint Richard by focusing on individual draft picks or trades, but ALWAYS overlook the most important statistic.....WINNING. 

The vast majority of successful teams have one thing in common : The TEAM exceeds the sum of it's parts. It doesn't matter how many Pro Bowlers you draft or how young/old the roster is. If you don't WIN, it means Jack Schitt. 

Hopefully the Wilf's are seeing through his bullshit and will start focusing on his incredible lack of success. No more excuses this year. A deep playoff run or Ricky Gotta Go!!!!

Putting aside the monotony of your endless one note piano posts about RS, who do you think hired him in the first place and have kept him around for 12 years?   This notion that the Wilfs are football guys and they just need to "see through Rick's b.s." is LAUGHABLE.   They are the idiots who hired Foley, hired Childress without so much as interviewing another candidate, and then did the same with Les Frazier, and only after 7 years of futility (not including one year of rent-a-Favre which was essentially effed up by their hand picked coach Chili) did they decide to ditch the triangle of stupidity and actually put RS in charge of football operations.  

Whether you like him as some do, or have some obsessive hatred of him as you do, doesn't really matter, because if your wish that he be gone comes true after this season, you'd better hope that idiot Zygmunt somehow has learned after 12 years of ownership to hire someone better.   I don't see it.  Be careful what you wish for, you might someone a whole lot worse.   And if one playoff win in 12 years is the most important criteria, then why have the brilliant Wilfs you are so confident in sat on their hands for 12 years putting up with that?   Maybe the truth is they are mediocre owners and you'll just be crying about the next g.m. they hire after he's failed to make improvements over time.  

Spin it any way you want, Schpielman is a documented LOSER. As the Wilf's idol, Bill Parcells, says, " You are what your record says you are"

But you Rychophants keep desperately trying to defend him! It's actually become comical....please keep it up, because YOUR one note "Ode to Saint Richard" should be coming to an end following a patented Schpielman Special, aka a .500 season with ZERO playoff wins.

Nighty Nite, Slappy. 

And since Zimmer it's

26-22.

You are wrong. Ricky's record with the Vikings is 86-89-1. His Miami record (just as GM) was 4-12. 

Total?  90-101-1.

THAT IS FACT.  

Once again, this fallacy that Poor L'il Rcky was "bully-ed" by Chilly and Frazier when he had the low-level title of VICE PRESIDENT OF PLAYER PERSONNEL is COMPLETE horse shit. 

The fact is, Dicky is equally responsible for the Vikings record prior to his beatification as Saint Richard "The Unaccontable".

The proof? How about draft picks like Barr, Waynes, Alexander, Hunter being referred to as "Zimmer" picks?!!! WTF?! How can a HC be CREDITED with a draft pick on the Minnesota Vikings when Dicky Schpielman has been annointed GM?

If Zimmer has "picks" in the draft, why is it SOOOOOOO different from when Chilly and Less were HC and "supposedly" had COMPLETE control of the draft?

I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with people that refuse to accept facts. Anyone who truly believes Rick Spielman is a great GM. ...God Bless. I would also like to offer you some great ocean view properties in Nebraska. Please give me a call! 1-800-Ima-rube

Quote: @njvike said:
@twgerber said:
@njvike said:
@comet52 said:
@njvike said:

Nighty Nite, Slappy. 

And since Zimmer it's

26-22.

You are wrong. Ricky's record with the Vikings is 86-89-1. His Miami record (just as GM) was 4-12. 

Total?  90-101-1.

THAT IS FACT.  

Once again, this fallacy that Poor L'il Rcky was "bully-ed" by Chilly and Frazier when he had the low-level title of VICE PRESIDENT OF PLAYER PERSONNEL is COMPLETE horse shit. 

The fact is, Dicky is equally responsible for the Vikings record prior to his beatification as Saint Richard "The Unaccontable".

The proof? How about draft picks like Barr, Waynes, Alexander, Hunter being referred to as "Zimmer" picks?!!! WTF?! How can a HC be CREDITED with a draft pick on the Minnesota Vikings when Dicky Schpielman has been annointed GM?

If Zimmer has "picks" in the draft, why is it SOOOOOOO different from when Chilly and Less were HC and "supposedly" had COMPLETE control of the draft?

I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with people that refuse to accept facts. Anyone who truly believes Rick Spielman is a great GM. ...God Bless. I would also like to offer you some great ocean view properties in Nebraska. Please give me a call! 1-800-Ima-rube
For some reason I can't edit previous post. 

That's "Saint Richard The Unaccountable"  

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Scroggins/Zulgad = super curmudgeons 

That's charitable I probably would have used a different descriptor.