Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Florida and Other Coastal Longshippers - Be Safe!
Hey, not sure if you guys are evacuating or are going to ride it out.  In any case, be safe, best wishes, and give us updates when you can.  This Irma looks like a real "bitch" of a hurricane with 180 mph winds. Are you kidding me? 

Take care!

I was wondering the same thing about the Florida peeps and any others in Irma's path. Do what you gotta do to stay safe. 

Riding it out as of now...I have contingency plans to head to Asheville, North Carolina if need be...I'm guessing Sticky is busy getting out of Dodge about now...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Riding it out as of now...I have contingency plans to head to Asheville, North Carolina if need be...I'm guessing Sticky is busy getting out of Dodge about now...
Riding it out. Staying with friends about 4 miles west of us in a strong house as we are in a rental house because we are about 2/3s thru a new house build. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Riding it out. Staying with friends about 4 miles west of us in a strong house as we are in a rental house because we are about 2/3s thru a new house build. 
The Big Bad Wolf approves this post...be safe...

Be safe all.   In my area we are hunkering down.  It all depends on the wind for us on Gulf Coast areas.   I am lucky so far as I am fairly high ground.  So mainly worried about wind and flying debris.

I'm not in the immediate danger area like the people in Florida and along the coasts of GA and SC but they have the tracking showing the storm should move over us (Greenville SC) Monday thru Tuesday with 60 to 70 mph winds and plenty of storms and tornado warnings. What's sucks about that is I've had Monday and Tuesday off since they released the schedule. I was looking forward to kicking back watching the Vikes/Saints Monday night. Now I'm not sure if we'll have power. Very small gripe compared to the real dangers others are facing but a gripe nonetheless.

Best of wishes for all of you in harm's way. SKOL 

Be safe all.

Boy not looking good for the whole state. 

Right now the forecast is calling for 2-6" of rain for the Tampa Bay area, and tropical storm winds of 39-79 mph...hitting in two days...I think I've been in worse blizzards...

As a side note, I still haven't died from Ebola...