Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Red Sox Reportedly Caught Using Electronic Devices to Steal Yankees' Signs
Lol...What some teams will do

Major League Baseball has reportedly determined the Boston Red Sox used electronic devices to steal signs from the New York Yankees and other clubs over the past several weeks. 
Citing sources on Tuesday, the New York TimesMichael S. Schmidt reported the Red Sox "executed a scheme to illicitly steal hand signals from opponents' catchers in games against the second-place Yankees and other teams."
Specifically, Schmidt reported MLB opened an investigation into Boston's illicit activity after Yankees general manager Brian Cashman submitted a video to the league office that purportedly "showed a member of the Red Sox training staff looking at his Apple Watch in the dugout and then relaying a message to players, who may have then been able to use the information to know the type of pitch that was going to be thrown when they were hitting."
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/27316...ce=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

I heard about this yesterday.... this is a double edged accusation though, the Red Sox have also filed a complaint against the yankees stating that they have a dedicated camera as part of their yes network (yankee owned broadcast company) that is  for the specific purpose of stealing signals.

as far as being able to get the signal into the batter in time to tip a pitch with any regularity I have my doubts,  there is usually only a second or two between the end of the signals and the pitchers delivery,  it would have to be a very very quick relay of the information and it would have to be in the batters line of vision, ( like a base runner at second)  or it would be near impossible for the hitter to get the signal from the bench and still get his eye refocused on the pitchers delivery in time to do something with the information.   does it happen,  likely,  does it really affect a game... minimally IMO.

but it further tarnishes New England/Boston sports achievements.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:

but it further tarnishes New England/Boston sports achievements.
They probably interviewed Tom Shady on how best to cheat.