Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 rookie starters for the Vikings
Gedeon looks trustworthy. He is solid. He may not make any huge plays, but maybe he won't make any big mistakes either. However, I do think Wilson, given some time, may step up into that position before long. During camp and preseason (like JJ and bower) that guy was ALWAYS around the ball. I think he may be our WLB before long.

It's only been pre-season play, but Gedeon's play has far surpassed what I thought he was capable of.  I'm not overly worried about his lack of track speed.  A player can easily make up the .2 seconds by recognizing and reacting quicker than the faster "track guy" next to him.  And that's how Gedeon has been playing so far.  I will flat out admit I wasn't happy with his selection.  But as it stands now today, I was wrong.  I hope he continues to prove me wrong all year long.   

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
I think Gedeon is just a guy. And we will be talking about having to draft someone again this upcoming offseason. I think he is this year's Mr. Mankato and the guy that fans find themselves rooting for. 
nah,Jaleel Johnson deserves the Mr. Mankato award  B)
Jaleel Johnson put an exclamation point on his excellent preseason by dominating the middle on Thursday night against the Miami Dolphins. The Minnesota Vikings’ fourth-round pick should now be recognized by the voting committee and fan voters as Mr. Mankato.

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2017/0...ato-award/