Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 rookie starters for the Vikings
Pretty crazy that Lamur or Robinson couldn't win the starting WLB job.....Gedeon is really a MLB. But good for him to snag it.

Andrew Krammer‏ @Andrew_Krammer  8h8 hours ago
More
#Vikings week 1 depth chart lists three rookies as starters: RB Dalvin Cook, C Pat Elflein and LB Ben Gedeon

Funny thing is Gedeon was my least favorite pick...he'll be in about a third of the snaps as we will be in nickel more often...

Pretty good draft overall...Cook and Buddy The Elflein look to be big contributors...their impact on the O will be huge...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Funny thing is Gedeon was my least favorite pick...he'll be in about a third of the snaps as we will be in nickel more often...

Pretty good draft overall...Cook and Buddy The Elflein look to be big contributors...their impact on the O will be huge...
I like taking flyers on underrated guys from big programs like Michigan, Ohio State, LSU, etc. because they are usually very good athletes in competitive environments. 

10 years ago, I would have liked that pick...his weakness in the passing game is a concern...another guy who needs a legit jersey #...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
10 years ago, I would have liked that pick...his weakness in the passing game is a concern...another guy who needs a legit jersey #...
Bingo...Looks like Greenway trying to cover out there. Wonder if Brees noticed that in the tape yet? wink

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Bingo...Looks like Greenway trying to cover out there. Wonder if Brees noticed that in the tape yet? wink
You bet he has. And Gedeon will be tested repeatedly, and there will be times when he hurts us, but there's no doubt in my mind that he played better than either Robinson or Lamur. I think we struck gold with this kid. I keyed on him in one of the preseason games and he was stacking blocks and filling holes like a boss. He's just a throwback, Butkus-like player. He even looks like him. Next year, we'll move him to Mike, Kendricks to Will and all will be right with the world. 

I think Gedeon will be more of a MLB when he is on the field, and Kendricks is listed as MLB because that's where he lines up in nickel -  which is 2/3 of the time.

Draft will be even better if Jaleel Johnson plays majority of snaps at 3T. Really need to get Tom Johnson off the field.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Yep Gedeon is slow.4.79. If he starts getting picked on I wonder what Zimmer will do to remedy that.

J Johnson (WHO SHOULD BE STARTING) has shown to be a hell of a player and so has Iggy, by the end of the draft if both of them and bower (plus Wilson) get some PT, just think!

I think Gedeon is just a guy. And we will be talking about having to draft someone again this upcoming offseason. I think he is this year's Mr. Mankato and the guy that fans find themselves rooting for.