Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your favorite Vikings memory / why?
Meeting Carl Eller had to be my biggest Viking thrill.  As far a game moments, way too many to narrow it down.

98 season  it was just a magical year that I could not wait until Sunday came

87 Playoff victory Vs. 49ers, and Anthony Carter going insane

98 season until the end
Favre to Lewis
Moss owning the Pack
Moss owning the Cowboys
1997 Wild Card victory. Silencing 80k rabid NY fans after trimming a 19-3 halftime lead to 22-13 with <2 minutes! Scoring, getting an insides kick, and getting a winning FG with <10 seconds left... That was awesome.

:p Wink  Heineke come back drive and two point conversion.     

Quote: @Clanzomaelan said:

1997 Wild Card victory. Silencing 80k rabid NY fans after trimming a 19-3 halftime lead to 22-13 with <2 minutes! Scoring, getting an insides kick, and getting a winning FG with <10 seconds left... That was awesome.
That one sucked IIRC, cuz I was driving across eastern montana in radio hell.  catching hell for listening to static hoping for a snippet of what happened.

1. Whipping the 49ers at San Fran in the 87 playoffs; that team was 13-2 and might have been the best one they fielded in their glory years.  They pretty much thought they'd been crowned already and we shook them so badly that Montana had his worst game as a pro and was benched for the only time in his career.   Bill Walsh was stripped of the presidency of the team after the game by Eddie DeBartolo.  Walsh said it was the worst, most traumatic loss of his entire career.   nfl.com put it #9 on the all time top ten upsets list.

2.  Randy Moss torching the Packers on MNF in his rookie year.   What do I really need to say about it?

3.  Beating the Cowboys thoroughly on their home field in the 73 playoffs.   I think that was my old man's proudest moment as a Viking fan.  Sadly we lost all those SB's but there were some great playoff wins in the 70s on the way to the big game and this was the best imo.

Quote: @ThunderGod said:
:p Wink  Heineke come back drive and two point conversion.     
Ya just won't let it go.....