Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schedule Question
How come it always seems like we play late in the season AT Green Bay?  I thought it was suppose to be an alternating schedule, like every year it would switch, this year early in MN late at GB, then the following year it would be early in GB late in MN, as well as with other divisional teams? When did this change that every year we are in GB at the end of the season?? 

Because the NFL ran out of lube. 

Because they don't want the Vikings to win the North and it brings in a bigger story line if there is bad weather in a game that means something. 

I saw the schedule and wondered the same damn thing.  It always seems that we play the second game at Lamblow.  You would think if for no other reason they would take advantage of an indoor stadium to play the later game.
Alternating is the fair way to do it but it makes you scratch your head as to what their thinking.  You begin to wonder if there is a favoritism to play the later game at home when the playoffs are on the line.
Another thing that I wondered about but don't think is as common is playing GB after a buy.  When was the last time they played us after our bye week.  For several years I remembered playing them after their bye week.
Problem  need to take my tin foil hat off but it does make you wonder if it is all just by coincidence.

They talk about Parity, talk... you want parity, even the playing field, every other year it should switch

I am not at all surprised by that. They want to manipulate what they can.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
I am not at all surprised by that. They want to manipulate what they can.
This

We also almost always start the season on the road as well.  that should alternate every year as well, unless you start this season at home and win the SB, then you should start the next season at Home too.  Someone get Goodell on the phone for me, I will set him straight!!