Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Winter is Here (spoiler alert!)
Can't wait to see next season! Blue flame was bad ass.

Random thoughts-
Thinking Tyrion was looking a tad creepy at the end there... Guessing that was him seeing his hopes for a democracy dashed by Jon Snow/ Sand/ Aegon Targaryen.

I was simultaneously proud of, and disappointed by Cersei's decision to join the alliance, then simultaneously disappointed and proud of Cersei reminding us all that she's the most murderous woman in the Seven Kingdoms!

I kinda feel that Littlefinger begging felt slightly it of character for someone who had manipulated the entire show... But in the end it makes sense, because he knew that every manipulation he has is based on lies, and half-truths, and that shit don't fly when the Starks have Professor Bran Xavier!

Jamie... We knew he wouldn't die, because he's wrapped in layer upon layer of plot armor... But it still doesn't change the awesomeness of his character arc. 

I think Cersei is going to die in childbirth, and that baby will be a dwarf...

Theon went straight Hulkamaniac from those crotch shots! I half expected him to start shaking his head no, and do a finger wag as he hulked up!

I'm now convinced Tyrion and Varys are working for Cersei. I know it will break hearts if he is dirty, but it fits the style of this show.

Quote: @Jor-El said:
I'm now convinced Tyrion and Varys are working for Cersei. I know it will break hearts if he is dirty, but it fits the style of this show.
Not really. If this is the case then it is terrible writing. WHat would be the point of the conversation between Cersei and Tyrion last night? To put on a show between themselves.... for the viewer? We aren't part of the story so there would be no point to the conversation. 

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
@Jor-El said:
Not really. If this is the case then it is terrible writing. WHat would be the point of the conversation between Cersei and Tyrion last night? To put on a show between themselves.... for the viewer? We aren't part of the story so there would be no point to the conversation. 
I would have agreed with you before the last episode, but that's how the writers handled Sansa/Arya/Littlefinger: conversations in private between characters which make no sense after later revelations. I won't disagree that it indicates weaker writing.

The foreshadowing from Olenna's earlier conversation with Daneirys ("He's a clever man, but you should stop trusting clever men") is one item which really convinces me.

Which of the conversations between Arya and Sansa didn't make sense though. It was pretty obvious to us that Arya knew what was up with Littlefinger at the start of the game he was playing with her. 

The only way the thing with Tyrion makes sense to me is if there is an end to the conversation with him and Cersei that we haven't been shown yet. 

Sansa's side of the conversation with Arya (while Sansa snooped in Arya's room), in which she parroted Littlefinger's words to suggest Arya might try to kill her, occurred in private with no one (at least apparently) else observing. 

There must have been more to the conversation between Cersei and Tyrion. We don't know and now we have over a year to speculate (so I'll probably change my opinion a lot of times..), but it could be revealed as almost anything, even, "So does Jamie still think our children were his? Can you make the Mountain leave so we have time for a quickie?" That's probably on the far extreme, but I do think the writers are going to try to shock viewers with unpredictable twists.

I've been thinking about the events since Dany reached Westeros, and Tyrion and Varys have done nothing to really help her, have they?
  • Alliance with Tyrells and Martells: seemed good, but both groups were already fighting Cersei, so all it did was put them under her command. So Tyrion commanded the Martells to sail with Yara's fleet and were intercepted by Euron, who was so "lucky" to know right where they were. 
  • He sent the Unsullied to take Casterley Rock - and the Lannisters "anticipated" that move and left it to attack the Tyrells and take their gold reserves.
  • Daenerys retaliated against the Lannisters, but not until all the Tyrell gold had been shipped to pay the Iron Bank. I don't know if Tyrion delayed her to let them move the gold, but it's possible that he let Cersei know it had to move quickly.
  • Tyrion stopped Daenerys from destroying Cersei at King's Landing, more than once. He claims that's about mercy, but if the Night King is going to kill everyone in Westeros if not stopped, wouldn't it be better to wipe out Cersei, end the war, and go north to save the rest of the continent?
  • Tyrion did get Jon to come to Dragonstone. Maybe that was helpful to her, but it also might have suited Cersei to keep the North from attacking her, and have Jon and Dany in the same place, watched by her spies.
Tyrion is either complicit or has been outsmarted by Cersei on at least 3 strategic decisions. We viewers have been setup by 7 seasons of seeing Tyrion as the funniest, smartest, and generally most sympathetic character in the show. That makes us all susceptible to thinking he must be one of the good guys.

The reason why Tyrion is shown at the end of the episode looking on them is that Tyrion is concerned/knows that his hope for a democracy may be at risk and that with a potential offspring between Jon and Dany there is a lineage beyond themselves that would stave off there being a democracy. Effectively continuing the game of thrones.... 

What is going to be interesting is how much Tyrion actually knows about Jon Snow. They made a point about him consuming knowledge during his character development. And part of that was his knowledge of noble families. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Littlefinger dead, Neidermeyer? Dead!

So glad that little fucker (er finger) got what's coming to him. Thought Jaime was going to be joining him with the gods lol! 

Aegon Targareyean...Has a good sound

Who made the call on the blue flame? Good call! 

Anyone want to bet Yara gets freed and she & Reek end-up messing up their Uncle big time??? Pregnant Dany anyone??

So frigging frustrated we have to wait so long now. UGH. 
lol i believe it was me with the blue flame call! 

Also there isn't enough time for that plot twist to play out. 

As an aside Cersei may die in childbirth to a Dwarf. She isn't supposed to have more than 3 children by prophecy. She is said to be killed by little brother.... Which is why she hates Tyrion.... But Jaime was born moments after her..... AND he just set off for the North, and likely impregnated her. If she is in fact prgenant. 

I just read it will be two years for the next season?   Two years? 

That's nucking futs....