Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Workout for JJM
Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
I have a land to sell in Nigeria to anyone who believes AZ will come off the #4 pick (and pass on MHJ)
I agree that passing on MHJ or Nabers (I've heard some teams have Nabers higher) will be a tough sell. BUT...they have to build their roster. And the owner has already said their pick is for sale. They want to move down; Vikings want to move up. I think it has to happen. 

Another thing is that if they make this trade they'd end up with picks 11, 23, 27, 35 and three 3rd rounders! And that’s without the '25 1st if that comes into play. That's a roster builder right there. What's more, their biggest need is WR and it's probably the deepest position in this draft. They'll be able to get a good one OR TWO with 4 picks in the top 35. 
A strong argument for sure...

I'm usually not this opinionated on football, but seeing them come off of a Randy Moss type talent just doesnt seem very realistic.

The Vikings shot at JJM is #5 slot.

Unless a Levis type drop happens, Maye/Daniels are just a pipe dream.  

Don't agree that MHJ is a Moss like talent. But I agree with the rest. Even if the Cards stick and pick MHJ, Harbaugh should very much want to trade down. And the Vikings really shouldn't have to give up the '25 1st to do it. 

Still nervous about the Giants though. Cards won't get either MHJ or Nabers at 11, but one if not both will be on the board at 6. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
I have a land to sell in Nigeria to anyone who believes AZ will come off the #4 pick (and pass on MHJ)
I agree that passing on MHJ or Nabers (I've heard some teams have Nabers higher) will be a tough sell. BUT...they have to build their roster. And the owner has already said their pick is for sale. They want to move down; Vikings want to move up. I think it has to happen. 

Another thing is that if they make this trade they'd end up with picks 11, 23, 27, 35 and three 3rd rounders! And that’s without the '25 1st if that comes into play. That's a roster builder right there. What's more, their biggest need is WR and it's probably the deepest position in this draft. They'll be able to get a good one OR TWO with 4 picks in the top 35. 

Admittedly I'm not a NFL GM, but if Arizona does this trade then in 4 years they have to make the decision on all 3 players to pick up their 5th year option. If they hit on all 3 players as hoped then in 5 years they have to find the cap & cash to resign all 3.
This trade doesn't look like a wise allocation of resources to me.

Quote: @Knucklehead said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:

Admittedly I'm not a NFL GM, but if Arizona does this trade then in 4 years they have to make the decision on all 3 players to pick up their 5th year option. If they hit on all 3 players as hoped then in 5 years they have to find the cap & cash to resign all 3.
Arizona isn't trading. They will skip all the way to the podium to hand in their card that says MHJ. QBs go 1, 2, 3, then MHJ and come get JJM whomever. 

Quote: @Knucklehead said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:

I think that's a decision most GMs would love to make. Also, with three 1sts they can always trade #27 down. There are always teams looking to move up into the late 1st in order to get that 5th year option. 

@purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:

I'm usually not this opinionated on football, but seeing them come off of a Randy Moss type talent just doesnt seem very realistic.

Don't agree that MHJ is a Moss like talent. But I agree with the rest. Even if the Cards stick and pick MHJ, Harbaugh should very much want to trade down. And the Vikings really shouldn't have to give up the '25 1st to do it. 

Still nervous about the Giants though. Cards won't get either MHJ or Nabers at 11, but one if not both will be on the board at 6. 

Yup, doesnt sound like top 3 are interested with reporting of "polite no's" to suitors.

4 and 5 is where the action should take place. IF we dont get a QB there? I think the odds go down exponentially for a "top 4 guy."

Even if you look at teams after SD, those teams dont necessarily need a qb this year - but they are absolutely trade-down candidates for someone who does. 

@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:

Yup, doesnt sound like top 3 are interested with reporting of "polite no's" to suitors.

4 and 5 is where the action should take place. IF we dont get a QB there? I think the odds go down exponentially for a "top 4 guy."

Even if you look at teams after SD, those teams dont necessarily need a qb this year - but they are absolutely trade-down candidates for someone who does. 

Yes, and not enough people are talking about the Jets possibly taking one at 10. We know the next Vice President wants a WR, but the guy's 40 too. 

@purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:

Yes, and not enough people are talking about the Jets possibly taking one at 10. We know the next Vice President wants a WR, but the guy's 40 too. 
I had the Jets going OT or WR with their pick...Add some punch to their "all in 2024"

@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:

I had the Jets going OT or WR with their pick...Add some punch to their "all in 2024"

Yeah, they aren't drafting a QB. Its all about the Rodgers window.

Quote: @FLVike said:
Could be just a smoke screen
Lots of smoke screens by all teams going into the draft.  Misdirection, fakes and then the sports media is trying to concoct "proposed trades" as click bait for all of us.

@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:

That would be the most likely.