Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Winter is Here (spoiler alert!)
@golfervike...good to see you!

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@golfervike...good to see you!
thanks, i've been lurking forever. starting to slowly get excited for the football season. figured i might as well get back into posting again. The interface sure throws me off though LOL

so i wonder if he will breath ice and not fire?

@PSBLAKE i think he will breath blue fire. there's gotta be a way for them to differentiate the three dragons. 

Quote: @golfervike said:
@PSBLAKE i think he will breath blue fire. there's gotta be a way for them to differentiate the three dragons. 

Cool idea!

Quote: @golfervike said:
this show is amazing, im truly sad there is only 1 more episode left! 
I completely agree! I'm glad we're getting the spin-offs/ prequels... But damn this has been a fun ride!

I'm going to wait for the Finale to give this season a final grade. But reflecting on last night and the season- to-date, they've had to pack too much into too few episodes. The curation of character and story depth has been hurt in the process. I do feel for the writers, no books to be guided by anymore. I hope they don't succumb to blockbuster effects at the expense of quality storytelling. Feels like its tipping over the line. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I'm going to wait for the Finale to give this season a final grade. But reflecting on last night and the season- to-date, they've had to pack too much into too few episodes. The curation of character and story depth has been hurt in the process. I do feel for the writers, no books to be guided by anymore. I hope they don't succumb to blockbuster effects at the expense of quality storytelling. Feels like its tipping over the line. 
I totally understand what you're saying. In some ways I feel like my brain is filling in gaps at times. Which is almost a testament to the writers that it happens so seamlessly... But others have noted that they aren't filling in the gaps write as easily and that they find it jarring.

Quote: @Clanzomaelan said:
@purplefaithful said:
I totally understand what you're saying. In some ways I feel like my brain is filling in gaps at times. Which is almost a testament to the writers that it happens so seamlessly... But others have noted that they aren't filling in the gaps write as easily and that they find it jarring.
Why the pressure for having to slam it into 7 or 8 episodes is beyond me. IT's certainly not budgets. I heard the main characters get a $1mm/episode and their production budgets are the biggest by far in tv land. 

This should have been a 10 episode season and I suspect we may be saying the same for the finale year in 2018...

Quote: @Clanzomaelan said:
@golfervike said:
this show is amazing, im truly sad there is only 1 more episode left! 
I completely agree! I'm glad we're getting the spin-offs/ prequels... But damn this has been a fun ride!
There is going to be spin-offs/prequels??